New MDR Menu

sns101098

I just hope this change is better than the last one. I'm still mourning the loss of the vidalia onion tart. :D

Our next cruise is in two weeks so the next one after the first of the year is on Anthem which has different menus anyway, so we'll have to wait til next Oct on GR to have them.

We too miss the Vadalia Onion Tart.. Bought the cookbook, just to get the recipe.. I can send it to you if you like...

Send me an email address...

Edited by TigerLady

• 4 weeks later...
On Enchantment there was a tent card on our dining table and it was also printed in the Compass. It was $20 and included a Q&A session, a lengthy tour of the two deck galley and a brunch where you got a plate a walked back through the galley choosing the food that you wanted from bread, fruit, salad, sushi, desserts etc. When you got to the hot station, plates were prepared and set on a serving line where you chose whichever you wanted. You were invited to make more than one pass through if you did not get enough on the first trip. Mimosas were served during the Q&A and also during the meal.

We did a galley tour on our last Carnival tour and it was FREE and very good and informative. Of course, Carnival also has a bathrobe in all the cabins at all levels for every person and a beach towel in the cabin for each person - didn't have to beg for a bathrobe in the less expensive cabins or go check out a beach towel - just saying.

On Enchantment there was a tent card on our dining table and it was also printed in the Compass. It was $20 and included a Q&A session, a lengthy tour of the two deck galley and a brunch where you got a plate a walked back through the galley choosing the food that you wanted from bread, fruit, salad, sushi, desserts etc. When you got to the hot station, plates were prepared and set on a serving line where you chose whichever you wanted. You were invited to make more than one pass through if you did not get enough on the first trip. Mimosas were served during the Q&A and also during the meal.

We did a galley tour on our last Carnival tour and it was FREE and very good and informative, but didn't have food. Of course, Carnival also has a bathrobe in all the cabins at all levels for every person and a beach towel in the cabin for each person - didn't have to beg for a bathrobe in the less expensive cabins or go check out a beach towel - just saying.

Edited by NYOB

We did a galley tour on our last Carnival tour and it was FREE and very good and informative, but didn't have food. Of course, Carnival also has a bathrobe in all the cabins at all levels for every person and a beach towel in the cabin for each person - didn't have to beg for a bathrobe in the less expensive cabins or go check out a beach towel - just saying.

You don't have to check them out on RCCL, every morning some nice people leave clean, fresh towels on the loungers for all to take.

This was on Freedom a few weeks ago:

We do not wake up super early on vacation, so we're usually heading to breakfast about 9-9:30. We made a pass of Solarium to check it out. We stood along the rail of the upper deck for a few minutes to scope out what the scene looks like. I spotted a dozen or so prime chairs with nothing but towels on them... but as I was watching I saw a couple walk up to 2 chairs with a bunch of items on them. The chair had towels with those chair clips, there was a book on one, there was a pair of flip-flops, a couple of full drinks on the little table, a pair of sunglasses, etc. The couple sat down for a quick minute for the wife to swap her flip-flops for the ones on the chair and do something else.

Honestly, I just saw them actually using their chairs and didn't really pay much attention EXCEPT that the lady was very distinctively dressed. It was only later that I remembered seeing her swap shoes. We noted a couple of other chairs that looked like prime hog chairs and went to breakfast. We're in the WJ and who comes and sits at the table right next to us???? The same couple! They sat about 2 feet away from us. We both finished breakfast about the same time and the husband tells his wife that he's going back to the room to sleep. She's going somewhere I can't hear. I figure she's going back to the Solarium.

We meandered around the ship for a while, pass the Solarium, nope... their chairs were empty.

We head back to the room, shower, change into swim clothes, and head up. Empty chairs. All the stuff is still there, but empty chairs. We found some other free chairs out of the way and laid down, but they were way back in the shade. We made the best of it for a while, then I suggested that couple's chairs. We'd been up there about a half hour by this point and they were still empty. I grabbed a pool attendant, told him that those chairs had been empty all morning. He said he'd give them 20 minutes and remove the stuff. Time passes and he removes the stuff.

We laid there for TWO AND HALF HOURS until they came back and were fuming mad. I pointed them to sign about 10 feet in front of us that tells chair hogs they can't be chair hogs and told them to see the pool attendant. He just shrugged his shoulders and told them to check lost and found near the towels. HAHAHAHA

The husband was growling about "I was told if you put more than a towel on the chairs, you can keep them for the entire day!" and the pool attendant just smiled, shook his head, and went back to working.

They scowled at me the rest of the trip, but never said anything.

Edited by poncho1973