Just returned from cruise on Breakaway - any questions?

purplestarlisa

We were on the same cruise (mid-ship balcony). I'm curious, what time did you get to the Disney park and by what time did you have to get back on the bus? We were interested but didn't think there would be enough time to enjoy a Disney day.

We were on the same cruise (mid-ship balcony). I'm curious, what time did you get to the Disney park and by what time did you have to get back on the bus? We were interested but didn't think there would be enough time to enjoy a Disney day.

We left right on time, but didn't get to Disney until after 2:00. They dropped us off at Ticket and Transportation. We had to get back on the last bus by 7:15. 5 hours is not a lot of time at Disney. We went to Disney Springs - ate a quick lunch, ran through some stores, stopped at the Polynesian Village to look around (it was recently renovated) and then got on the last bus out of there. Some people we spoke to said they went to Magic Kingdom and rode 3 rides. In my opinion, not worth it...

Hello & welcome back! I hope you enjoyed your cruise. Can you tell me if the main dining room upcharges have been set in place for lobster & prime rib? Did you find the ship uncomfortably overcrowded?

Hello! We didn't notice the ability to order Prime Rib or Lobster. We were disappointed that there were upcharges for lobster even in the restaurants for which we already paid an additional fee.

The ship was crowded, but not any more than any other cruise we have taken. The buffet would get pretty congested at times, and of course, disembarkation was crowded (but we did get out of the ship and through customs in like 30 minutes).

Did you need to make reservations for the comedy shows? Or did you simply arrive early and get seats? If you did make reservations, what is the process?

Thanks very much, hope you had a great cruise.

We didn't attend any comedy shows, but it is easy to make reservations. They have touch screens throughout the ship - you pick your show - stick in your room card, and you are all set. Super convenient!

This is our second time on the Breakaway, the first time being two years ago when the Breakaway was brand new and have cruised with NCL many times. The last time we were on the Breakaway they had lobster tails in the buffet one evening, but not in the main dining room. I was wondering if that's still the case.

This is our second time on the Breakaway, the first time being two years ago when the Breakaway was brand new and have cruised with NCL many times. The last time we were on the Breakaway they had lobster tails in the buffet one evening, but not in the main dining room. I was wondering if that's still the case.

I didn't see any lobster tails on any menu. And not on the buffet line.

Did you need to make reservations for the comedy shows? Or did you simply arrive early and get seats? If you did make reservations, what is the process?.

Besides the touchscreens all over the ship, you can also reserve tickets from your room on the TV. I would recommend it, as we got seated right away for a Second City show while there were at least 30 people lined up in the Atrium waiting for stand-by tickets. And we only booked the seats the night before. This also works for other shows, tenders, and dinner reservations.

Just be aware that Second City puts on several different shows. We went for "Game Night" which was billed as a send-up of game shows, but ended up being actual game shows (Pyramid, Match Game ... and a lot of charades). It felt more like a workshop exercise than something to entertain an audience.

In the past it was on Monday night for dinner only along with other seafood entrees. They moved it to the buffet instead of having lobster night in the main dining room. We will be on the Breakaway soon. I'll check it out and post the answer online when we return.

It's been reported here repeatedly that there is no longer any free lobster on any NCL ship. It's been a while.

Hi,

As there were a lot of communication going on this board regarding Mozzarella sticks and chicken fingers - I am curious to hear, if they were available at O'Sheens or not? :DThanks,

Dominik

We just got off the Breakaway on Sunday & yes they had chicken fingers & mozzarella sticks. My boys ate them a few times throughout the week.

I was on this sailing too!

We leave this Sunday. Never been on the breakaway. Where do you suggest to go to lunch after we board. I want to skip the buffet, heard its crazy the at that time.

The Uptown Grill.

As there were a lot of communication going on this board regarding Mozzarella sticks and chicken fingers - I am curious to hear, if they were available at O'Sheens or not?

Yes but only during the day. I went after midnight and they only had certain things available, and mozzarella sticks were not among them (not that I was expecting them to have the full menu at that time :) ).

Did you need to make reservations for the comedy shows? Or did you simply arrive early and get seats?

For the adult/late night shows, I would recommend making reservations in advance, as they "sold out" quickly, especially the shows later in the week. The earlier ones seemed to not sell out that much, except for the last show of the cruise.

But even if you miss out on reservations for the late shows, you can do standby and from what I saw those lines all got in, and still got decent enough seats.

I just found the Dailies for the Breakaway from late October, 2015 on this site and seafood night is listed in the buffet as Monday evening which is the first full day on the ship. They probably don't have lobster anymore, but when we return from our cruise I'll post online what type of seafood is served that evening.

We leave this Sunday. Never been on the breakaway. Where do you suggest to go to lunch after we board. I want to skip the buffet, heard its crazy the at that time.

Go to Cagneys at lunch time. There is a complimentary lunch buffet (smaller but great quality) which really isn't advertised so it's usually not at all crowded. This was the case in April, so ymmv now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You board right near O'Sheehan's, so that was crazy busy. We went to Taste (or Savor, I don't remember). We were seated right away and had a very nice lunch.