Transfers to pier from San Juan

tricializ

We do this cruise every January and always take a taxi from the hotel to Pan Amer. pier (we always come a day ahead of cruise departure in case bad weather is a factor). Trip is about 20 minutes from the airport and costs about $21.? If you do the cruise shuttle you have to wait for others and are in a cramped bus type conveyance. Just my opinion on this matter.:):)

Taxis have flat rates and they are posted. If heading to the pier directly from the airport you will stand in the taxi line, meet with the dispatcher, he will ask you what cruise line, look at how much luggage you have, and write the agreed price on a piece of paper. This assures that you and your driver know exactly how much it will cost. No meters, no worries.

Same if you are heading to a hotel first. Prices are all per-determined.

This is not a port where I'd use cruise line transfers.

Edited by monicajay

Agree with previous posts but suggest you check to be sure which pier you'll be sailing from.

any Celebrity or RCI cruise that STARTS from San Juan leave from the Pan American Pier on Grand Isle. Any of their cruises that stop in San Juan for the day stop at the piers in Downtown Old San Juan.

Steve

Awesome. Thank you all for the great information. The two times I sailed out of San juan, I guess I just included the transfers, but on other cruises, I just did it myself via taxi etc. So it's good to know that a taxi is fine. I think we are going to come in the day before for a buffer for bad weather and also so we won't be so tired starting out.

Awesome. Thank you all for the great information. The two times I sailed out of San juan, I guess I just included the transfers, but on other cruises, I just did it myself via taxi etc. So it's good to know that a taxi is fine. I think we are going to come in the day before for a buffer for bad weather and also so we won't be so tired starting out.

San Juan is great. Once we went 2 days in advance just to have more sightseeing time.

• 1 month later...