Beating the crowd to the terminal

Mom3Boys

Hi,

I have read several post about getting to Port Canaveral either early or late. We are staying at the Radisson and I reserved the 11:30 shuttle because that was the earliest I could get. My question is would it be better to take the majority of our party over with luggage and then come back and park and take a cab over to join them so that we could board earlier. It looks like 11:30 would put us right at the "wrong" time to get there. I would appreciate any replies.

Linda

I have not left from Port Canaveral, but I have sailed from Tampa, Gulf Port and Miami. I have always arrived by 10:30. We had to wait 1 to 2 hours before boarding, but the lines when we did get on were pretty horrific by then. We had to wait, but were part of the first group going on the ship. I myself, would rather sit and wait then stand in line. I have never arrived late so I don't know what that would be like. I have heard that sometimes you can just walk on board. We will be leaving out of Port C next May on the Glory:D .

I took one RCl ship out of Miami in 2002. We arrived at 11:00 Am and walked right on the ship. That was nice!

We found out the same thing in Ft lauderdale last year. We ended up calling a cab company thru the hotel and got to the ship at 10:30 and were on board before the time our shuttle would have left the Marriott. We asked for them to send a van. so make sure you tell the concierge how many are in your group.....Dennis

Hi,

I have read several post about getting to Port Canaveral either early or late. We are staying at the Radisson and I reserved the 11:30 shuttle because that was the earliest I could get. My question is would it be better to take the majority of our party over with luggage and then come back and park and take a cab over to join them so that we could board earlier. It looks like 11:30 would put us right at the "wrong" time to get there. I would appreciate any replies.

Linda

We like to arrive a little later in the day because we find that our luggage ends up on the top and is usually delivered and waiting outside our room by 1pm when you can get into your room. We have left from Port Carnival and Tampa and although the lines where long it all went pretty fast.

Last year we sailed the Glory. We live close by and arrived about 10:15. The port security would not let us drop our luggage off until after 10:30. We had to wait in a near by parking lot. The hardest part was getting our luggage to the porters. I have never seen such confusion. Next time I sail from Canaveral I will park my car first then drag my luggage to the porters istead of trying to drive into all those buses and cabs.

Once inside the terminal things went very smooth and fast. We were ready to board around ll:30 but had to wait until after 12 noon when they opened the ship. What a great cruise you should have a ball.

Last year we sailed the Glory. We live close by and arrived about 10:15. The port security would not let us drop our luggage off until after 10:30. We had to wait in a near by parking lot. The hardest part was getting our luggage to the porters. I have never seen such confusion. Next time I sail from Canaveral I will park my car first then drag my luggage to the porters istead of trying to drive into all those buses and cabs.

Once inside the terminal things went very smooth and fast. We were ready to board around ll:30 but had to wait until after 12 noon when they opened the ship. What a great cruise you should have a ball.

Yea, when we sailed the Glory out of CAnaveral, we went early and I'm glad we did, but the porter/luggage situation was utter chaos. There was only one porter assisting incoming passengers and all the others were helping ofload the ship. We were certain at least one of our bags would get mixed up with outgoing luggage. We ended up porting our own bags, went to the porters station, where there were no porters, looked for our room number in the manifest, got appropriate tags and tagged our bags and heaved them in the bins ourselves. I still tipped the porter a few bucks cuz he instructed us what to do and was trying to help hundreds of people at once. He was working hard.

Archived