One way on choice air

jebl

I will be on the Serenade TA next April. Will be staying in Copenhagen 2 days then flying home.

I was wondering if I should book my air through Choice Air or wait. Right now I can get a flight with only 1 stop at a fairly decent price.

I worry about waiting too long and not having a good choice of flights.

For those who have used Choice Air for TA flights, what do you think is the 'sweet spot' for booking.

Thanks in advance.

I will be on the Serenade TA next April. Will be staying in Copenhagen 2 days then flying home.

I was wondering if I should book my air through Choice Air or wait. Right now I can get a flight with only 1 stop at a fairly decent price.

I worry about waiting too long and not having a good choice of flights.

For those who have used Choice Air for TA flights, what do you think is the 'sweet spot' for booking.

Thanks in advance.

I've not seen much price variation on our Choice Air flights. We've booked 4 different one-way flights from the US to Europe, and the prices were almost unchanged from the time they first came out until at least 2 months before the cruise. We were choosing Economy seats, so maybe it's different for other classes.

We also like to upgrade to the "extra legroom" seats, and have found that those seats can get booked if you wait too long.

Edited by clarea

I have used Choice air on occasion, and price was right, other times NOT.

Do check other sources as well I have found, depending on airport, as much as $500 difference. Only thing with choice air, you do seem to have some support for events thats change your flight plans however trip insurance has the same services.

I was wondering if I should book my air through Choice Air or wait. Right now I can get a flight with only 1 stop at a fairly decent price....

For those who have used Choice Air for TA flights, what do you think is the 'sweet spot' for booking....

I have used Choice Air 4 times and only for one-way TA flights. Choice Air has been very competitive for the one-ways.

If you have found a good price, do not wait to see if it goes down. On my itineraries, there were some very small downward & upward pricing movements, but I assume these may have been due to currency fluctuations. I agree with other posters - I have found little price variation with Choice Air. As a sort of hobby, I frequently have monitored airline prices at Choice Air for real and tentative itineraries.

We've used Choice Air for three transatlantics, booking shortly after the flights opened for booking. We got excellent prices on all three, with a complimentary upgrade to business class at no additional charge on the third. There were minimal or modest up and down pricing movements on all three flights.

We’ve used Choice Air twice to book one-way airfare to Europe (both times to London). The first time we booked 6 months ahead; the second time we booked 3 months ahead. Both times I felt we got a very good price, although I admit I did not go back and check airfares after I booked it. I agree with others posting here that there is benefit in booking early if you want to reserve the “extra leg room” seats. Overall, we were very satisfied with our Choice Air airfares.

Thanks every one for the responses. I booked the flights late today. Wanted to make sure and get on the shortest flight so I arrive at the same time as my friends. We have private transportation from our airport here in Florida.

I definitely recommend looking at Choice Air (or Air2Sea) for transatlantics simply because most US airlines do not offer 1-way pricing for international flights. If you are like me and don't fly from a major international hub, you generally have to string a US flight and an international carrier together to get reasonable one-way international flights.

Sounds like you made the right choice.

For this routing you also could check great 787 direct service with Norwegian Air from CPH to FLL Ft. Lauderdale.

Air Berlin would also offer connecting service directly to RSW Ft. Myers.

Edited by MADflyer

I did check Norwegian air but would not be able to spend just two days in Copenhagen. Also would mean a 2 hour drive to the west coast.

We have a SAS flight to EWR then United to RSW (Ft Myers). I an only 20minutes from RSW.

Norwegian had great prices but the dates and airport didn't work.

I did check Norwegian air but would not be able to spend just two days in Copenhagen. Also would mean a 2 hour drive to the west coast.

We have a SAS flight to EWR then United to RSW (Ft Myers). I an only 20minutes from RSW.

Norwegian had great prices but the dates and airport didn't work.

I have done that same routing often and am a big SAS fan.

I usually am lucky upgrading to Business Class even with the service offered from Optiontown. They great thing with optiontown is you even get the double frequent flyer miles. If you do not get your upgrade, your money is refunded minus a $5 fee.

https://www.optiontown.com/home_page.do?processAction=SelectProduct