My time Dining on Allure

Good Morning, I just did my booking for my dinners and selected ( My time Dining ) in the main dining room... But i could not see which of the restaurants i will be able to go ???

Sweeping, multi-level ambience, world-class cuisine and extraordinary personal service from a dedicated wait staff. Our main dining room serves exceptional, multi-course meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

located on deck 3 (American Icon),deck 4 (The Grande), and deck 5 (Silk). Midship

So anyone can tell me...how do i select American Icon or Grande or silk ??? I remember in february on the Quantum we were able to select all these restaurants instead of the dining room ????

Thank you

Good Morning, I just did my booking for my dinners and selected ( My time Dining ) in the main dining room... But i could not see which of the restaurants i will be able to go ???

Sweeping, multi-level ambience, world-class cuisine and extraordinary personal service from a dedicated wait staff. Our main dining room serves exceptional, multi-course meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

located on deck 3 (American Icon),deck 4 (The Grande), and deck 5 (Silk). Midship

So anyone can tell me...how do i select American Icon or Grande or silk ??? I remember in february on the Quantum we were able to select all these restaurants instead of the dining room ????

Thank you

Allure does not have Dynamic Dining, so all the "free" restaurants serve the same food from the same menu each night. In other words, other than decor, it does not matter which deck you are assigned to.

Allure does not have Dynamic Dining, so all the "free" restaurants serve the same food from the same menu each night. In other words, other than decor, it does not matter which deck you are assigned to.

So why each level have the names of all these restaurants.... American Icon...Silk and Grande ??

So why each level have the names of all these restaurants.... American Icon...Silk and Grande ??

Because they had planned to introduce Dynamic Dining on other ships, but changed their mind and cancelled it after they had re-decorated.

Because they had planned to introduce Dynamic Dining on other ships, but changed their mind and cancelled it after they had re-decorated.

Perfect...so you saying...No Dynimic Dining..... just the nice Big Dining room....just one name...The dining room...lol...... and different menus every night......How about the Coastal Kitchen ???:)

Perfect...so you saying...No Dynimic Dining..... just the nice Big Dining room....just one name...The dining room...lol...... and different menus every night......How about the Coastal Kitchen ???:)

Coastal Kitchen is restricted to Grand Suite and above for breakfast and lunch, and possibly Junior Suite and above for dinner. Not sure if Allure has included JS for dinner like Oasis has.

The dinner menu changes once per cruise. The breakfast menu was the same every day. We didn't try it for lunch.

Coastal Kitchen is restricted to Grand Suite and above for breakfast and lunch, and possibly Junior Suite and above for dinner. Not sure if Allure has included JS for dinner like Oasis has.

The dinner menu changes once per cruise. The breakfast menu was the same every day. We didn't try it for lunch.

Thank you... I know on Quantum Junior Suite had access to Coastal Kitchen.

For what it's worth, My Time Dining on the Oasis class ships now is on Deck 3, so you'd be in American Icon Grill (or, rather, the MDR deck decorated as American Icon). If it helps, just think of it like the MDRs on the Freedom class. Each deck of the MDR has a different name (on Freedom, for instance, they're Leonardo, Isaac, and Galileo; on Liberty they're Rembrandt, Michelangelo, and Botticelli; and on Independence they're Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth, and King Lear)

What are the menus like at the Coastal Kitchen? And if you are staying in a Grande Suite is it complimentary? And is it open every night ?

What are the menus like at the Coastal Kitchen? From all I've read/seen, sort of a Mediterranean/California fusion. Sample menus can be found for their Vineyard Lunch Menu, their Harvest Lunch Menu, their Vineyard Dinner Menu, and their Harvest Dinner Menu. And if you are staying in a Grande Suite is it complimentary? Yes And is it open every night ? Yes

I haven't stayed in a GS on the Oasis class before, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a year ago ;) This is to the best of my knowledge above.

The MTD in American Icon sucked for us on the Nov. 8th cruise. We had to wait in line for a long time even though we had reservations. the dinning room is very noisy lots of trays dropping. We switched to early dinning after three nights. They were full but they added a table in Silk for us. The table was put right by where the waiters station, which was fine but when everyone was seated and we wanted to leave we could not get through to exit without making people stand up, so we walked through the waiter station all week to exit, the experience was not enjoyable and the last two nights we at the windjammer. 30+ cruises and never did this. Did it ruin our cruise no but the dinning experience was not good.

The MTD in American Icon sucked for us on the Nov. 8th cruise. We had to wait in line for a long time even though we had reservations. the dinning room is very noisy lots of trays dropping. We switched to early dinning after three nights. They were full but they added a table in Silk for us. The table was put right by where the waiters station, which was fine but when everyone was seated and we wanted to leave we could not get through to exit without making people stand up, so we walked through the waiter station all week to exit, the experience was not enjoyable and the last two nights we at the windjammer. 30+ cruises and never did this. Did it ruin our cruise no but the dinning experience was not good.

Clearly that's because you were in the dinning room. There tends to be a din there. Had you been in the dining room, things might have been a bit quieter. :p;) Bad joke, I know.

What are the menus like at the Coastal Kitchen? And if you are staying in a Grande Suite is it complimentary? And is it open every night ?

Complimentary, open every night.

Menus similar to this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46820719&postcount=31

Edited by clarea

Clearly that's because you were in the dinning room. There tends to be a din there. Had you been in the dining room, things might have been a bit quieter. Bad joke, I know.

Really spell checking how about posting something that is informative

Clearly that's because you were in the dinning room. There tends to be a din there. Had you been in the dining room, things might have been a bit quieter. Bad joke, I know.

Really spell checking how about posting something that is informative

I was joking and said as much. Don't be quite so thin-skinned. And I did post something informative - the location of MTD on the Oasis class ships as well as the Coastal Kitchen menus and information regarding it's daily operation and complementary status.

How is that a joke...I spelled something wrong and you pointed it out... a wasted post, not informative. Nothing thin skinned about it.

It's a play on words, thus a joke. You complained about the noisiness of the "dinning" room. "Dinning" is the present participle of "din," which is loud noise or commotion (for instance, "I could barely hear my wife talking to me over the din of the dining room.") A "dinning" room would thus be a room specifically for loud noises. Hence the joke.

• 3 weeks later...