Danang to Hoi An transportation

abatlin

We are on Holland America's Volendam arriving Danang on Jan. 29th, 2016. We are looking for transportation only into Hoi An and back. How long is drive and are there any recommendations as to who to reach out to to book this transportation? What is the cost?

Hi Abatlin,

For transportation to Hoi An and back, you can find more inside or outside the port. To save money, you can take outside the port. Because the drivers must pay commission to port if they pick you up inside the port and price is much more higher. It takes 01 hour to HOI AN. For recommendation, you can contact with Henry An Nguyen at info@vietnam-shoreexcursions.com. The cost for driver and car pick you up outside the port is 120 USD. If you want do private tour for 02 persons, it costs 350 USD for all services: guide, car, entrance fee, fee for picking you up inside the port, lunch, cold water, wet tissues.

Good luck!

Cruisers beware - I think this op is advertising his own services as a few of his past posts I have also found to be suspect.

I cannot find out where he is located but I suspect it is Vietnam.

$350 for two for a day tour to Hoi An seems a bit over the top to me. If you search tours to Hoi An on this forum you will probably find tours recommended by past cruisers who may prove cheaper and more reliable.

We have used Mrs Ha from Vietland Discovery tours who is located in Danang, on two occasions - (make sure you are dealing with Mrs Ha as some have copied her name as she is very much recommended on Trip Advisor) and at least ask for a quote for what you want to compare pricing.

It's something over 20 miles, something under an hour, from Da Nang south to Hoi An.

That's assuming your port is indeed Da Nang.

Little ships can berth at Da Nang, large ships berth to the north at Chan May.

Volendam is a middling size, 60,000 tonnes, 1400 pax, and I don't know where she berths, but it's worth checking.

Chan May port is north of Da Nang, and Chan May to Hoi An is more like 50 miles, 90 minutes.

There will be taxis & vans at Da Nang port, both inside the gate & outside, as per Michael's post. Ten of us bartered a van inside the port, then walked on - the guy then gave his best price & we agreed. There's a degree of safety using someone known to the port.;)

And the bartering was quite nonsensical anyway -- it was so very very cheap, and the money is worth so much to them & so little to us.

Had a great day and only too happy to chip in a big tip at the end to make up for the hard bargaining. Excluding the tip it cost us about $10 each all-day, but that was 5 years ago.

Non-English-speaking driver, and guide who spoke passable English.

We went to Hoi An, China Beach, Marble Mountain :cool: (a must-do) and rounded off the day at a giant white Buddha / temple overlooking the coast.

JB :)

We just got back from Vietnam. Transfer from Hoi An to Da Nang airport for two of us (arranged by hotel so including their commission) was $20 US.

I agree with above post, see if you can barter with a driver to take you for the day to Hoi An, China Beach and Marble Mountain. Full day car and driver shouldn't cost more than $50.