Port to MIA

ohiofamily

Can everyone stand one more question about early flights? I know it's going to be close, but we booked an 11:15 out of MIA and are coming in at 7:00 on the Radiance (on a Sunday). Could I get some tips from those who know how we can make the best chance of making it? I am assuming a cab is generally quicker than the bus. Other ideas?

Yes, just grab a taxi when you exit the terminal. There will be many of them lined up... The cab fare between the Port of Miami and MIA is fixed at $21. Do NOT buy cruise line transfers, you'll sit there for an hour (or more) waiting for the bus to fill up!

Make sure you inform the Purser's office that you have a very early flight and need the earliest baggage tags - Those are WHITE tags.

Hopefully you'll make it, but keep in mind that disembarkation normally begins 1-2 hours after the ship docks, and the Immigration lines can be long. There can also be Customs & Immigration delays as well as baggage handling delays that can cause things to take longer as well. If you can, travel lightly and carry your bags off instead of letting them take them off, that will speed things up considerably for you.

Thanks for the info. We actually got great news. American changed the itinterary and now we are leaving at 1:15...that'll take off the pressure. I'm kind of holding my breath because these favorable schedule changes never seem to happen.

Archived