10/1-back from Zenith

patnjohn

We returned from Zenith Bermuda trip. It was wonderful. Sea day going down was cool & windy. Very bumpy ride. Some got sick. We did not. Coming home was cool but smooth. Bring a sweatshirt this late in the season & some long pants. Bermuda was wonderful. Weather was fabulous. We got the 3 day bus pass & got our money's worth out of it. We did Restless Native Snorkel trip. Very very nice. Horseshoe Bay Beach-due to storms was very very rough. A man dislocated his shoulder & another had a heart attack after being ruffed up in the surf. There was a warning about rip currents. The life guards were very good. We still love that beach. Snorkeled at Tabacco Bay-great fish. Went to Aquarium & Zoo. Nice colorful fish. Beware, when you walk thru the rainforest area of the zoo, those red monkey's roam free. I did not know that & they really frightened me when they approached me on a trail. They were harmless - THANK GOD! We also went to the Swizzle Inn & swaggered out! The ship was clean & the service was excellent. Food was great. Shows were great. The people we met thru Cruise Critic were wonderful too. We spent a lot of time together & thoroughly enjoyed each & every one. We had a table for 8 from the CC board. Great dinners together. There is so much more, but need a nap & then a chocolate martini. ;)

We returned from Zenith Bermuda trip. It was wonderful. Sea day going down was cool & windy. Very bumpy ride. Some got sick. We did not. Coming home was cool but smooth. Bring a sweatshirt this late in the season & some long pants. Bermuda was wonderful. Weather was fabulous. We got the 3 day bus pass & got our money's worth out of it. We did Restless Native Snorkel trip. Very very nice. Horseshoe Bay Beach-due to storms was very very rough. A man dislocated his shoulder & another had a heart attack after being ruffed up in the surf. There was a warning about rip currents. The life guards were very good. We still love that beach. Snorkeled at Tabacco Bay-great fish. Went to Aquarium & Zoo. Nice colorful fish. Beware, when you walk thru the rainforest area of the zoo, those red monkey's roam free. I did not know that & they really frightened me when they approached me on a trail. They were harmless - THANK GOD! We also went to the Swizzle Inn & swaggered out! The ship was clean & the service was excellent. Food was great. Shows were great. The people we met thru Cruise Critic were wonderful too. We spent a lot of time together & thoroughly enjoyed each & every one. We had a table for 8 from the CC board. Great dinners together. There is so much more, but need a nap & then a chocolate martini. ;)
Chocolate Martini? I will stick with the olive ones thank you!! How was the ship? NMNita

Thank you so much for the (so far) mini review of last week's Zenith voyage. I always look forward to reading about people's experiences on Zenith since we have enjoyed sailing her so much.

I look forward to reading a more detailed review when you have the time and inclination. What foods did you enjoy the most? who were your servers? what deck were you on and were you pleased with your cabin?? did you attend the midnight buffet??

Sorry to hear you had a bumpy ride going out to Bermuda. We had a one night rocky ride coming home in Sept due to hurricane Nate. I took a Bonine and wore my sea-bands and was just fine. I actually enjoyed the feeling of the sea and it was wonderful to be rocked to sleep.

Thanks again and welcome home (although I know you'd rather be cruising ;))

I think that is code for 'stumbled' out. Those Rum Swizzles will do it to you everytime.

brooklyngirl, I guess we were on together? I left on the 9/3 and came home 9/24. I heard people thought it was rough the first sea day of this cruise that just came in. They even canceled the Captain's Table that night! My friend, who is still on there, said it wasn't really rough. Personally, I like a little roll.

On my three cruises, I had Raphael for a Matre d' all three weeks. He's great! Mario for a waiter two weeks and Kurt one week. Both were EXCELLENT! Best food was a dessert called Mawr en Hand (or close to that :) ). It was fabulous.

I don't think I have EVER been to the midnight buffet. But I hear they were great!

My cabin was on Deck 6. No complaints. Everything was fine.

Loved the Pool Butlers! Those guys work so hard and are so nice.

Thanks for the review ... We'll be on the Zenith Oct. 15 and really looking forward to it having loved the Horizon in the past.

How many informal nights were there ? I know they say 2 formal, 2 informal and 3 casual but in the past there were 1 informal and 4 casual. This will help with the packing ...

Was the water warm enough to go swimming ? Please elaborate on the Restless Native trip. Is this just for snorkelers or could non-snorkelers enjoy too ? We like to swim but have this problem with 'breathing' underwater ... ;) Is the boat roomy or are you cramped in ? Is this the boat with the 'nets' in the front to sit on ... doesn't look too comfortable ...

Thanks ...

Question either for the OP or for those who have been on or are going on the Zenith soon. We are going on December 8th and I have a question. Are the doors metal or wooden or something else. Just want to know in case we want to put something on our door.

Thanks a bunch!!!:D

Hi all. Our waiter was Boban & assistant was Putu. Both very nice, funny & excellent at their jobs. This was our 11th cruise & the first time we felt the ship move. It was also the smallest ship we were ever one. Tuggers- Our picture fell off the wall in the middle of the first night. As you know, the picture is a big one. So, to me that was a bumpy ride. A lot of people got sick. Not us.

Restless Native has an indoor and outdoor area where you can sit while they sail to the snorkel spot. They have a stove & bake oatmeal raisin & chocolate chip cookies. Very good. Soft drinks too. After snorkeling there were rum swizzles & cheese & crackers. Karen went into the water with us & led us on a snorkel tour. The water upon entering was waist high. It was warm & wonderful. If you just wanted to float around that was fine, they even gave out noodles to help you. Karens mom & dog met us there. There were a lot of fish to see, even if you didn't snorkel.

We had 2 formal nights, Monday & Thursday. Only 1 informal night. The rest were casual. We are not smokers, so were disappointed that the Martini Bar was on the smoking side. We sat in the Rendevous Lounge & the waiters got the Matinis for us.

The water in the pool was cold. But felt good once you were in. The band Fusion was good. The trio (Los amigos) were good too. The shows were great.

dmarch,

Hi! Yeah, you can't keep me off this ship!

No, Earl has not been able to travel so far, but he, Ryan and Earl's mom are going on an RCL Oct 29 (I think). He got a really good deal out of BWI. I'll still be on my TA then.

Ryan has reached somewhat of a plateau. He is still in the chair, still has no use of the left side, but with a brace he can walk a few steps. He throws his leg out from the hip to make a sort of rambling gait. He still has two more surgeries to put the implants in his head to get the shape back. His spirits are fairly good most of the time. Thanks for asking!

I'm doing a month on Century in Nov. You should come!

Gail

Hi Tuggers...we were on Zenith together. I would have said hi if I had known. We never did get enough people for the CC party. The 9/3 sailing was not full... a lot of military people were given last minute cruises to fill the cabins from what I understand. If I knew you were doing a B2B2B I would have snuck into your cabin to stowaway :D as I really didn't want to leave this ship. It was actually our second cruise on her in 3 months. What is it about Zenith?? I am sooo addicted now but being a working mom with a small child I am really limited to how much cruising we can do. It must be nice to spend a month on a ship. Our waiters were Alan and Jose and we were so happy with both. They spoiled us. My favorite desserts were anything chocolate ;) The last night they had a delicous decadent chocolate cake and Alan knowing I love chocolate brought it to me just floating in chocolate syrup :):D. Gosh could enjoy a piece right now. Oh, and I discovered I like to feel the ship roll a bit too.

PatnJohn...sorry you had such a bumpy ride but at least you didn't get sick. And I was :eek: at your picture falling off the wall. My little son slept on a rollaway right under that picture. In fact, I did ask my husband about that one night when we were rocking a bit and he told me it could not possibly fall off the wall. Next time I just take it down myself.

As PatnJohn said... there were 2 formal nights, 1 informal and 4 casual nights on both our Zenith cruises.

There're amazing, I would love to meet those guys someday. Thanks

You lucky thing, sounds like your sailing 50% of time! We can only do one or two a year. I like to get them in during Jan., Feb., March, when it's really cold around here (you know, in the 40's). LOL Have you found any deals for the beginning of '06 yet?

Patnjohn glad to see you had a great time on the Zenith. How was the size of the cabins? Did you dine with a Marge B. I believe she was on your cruise and was saying about getting a table with other c.c. members. I cannot wait till she posts also. My DH and I will be on the Zenith come next October. We went to Bermuda last year on the Empress and loved that ship. How was the food at dinner? What did you see for shows? Do tell.

Thanks, Debbie from RI

Debbie-the cabin size was fine. They put the beds together. I slept against the wall. If I had to get up at night to use bathroom, I had to slide strait down or roll over my husband. That was a little annoying. Storage was great. We didn't use all of the drawers. We saw the Broadway Show, 60's show, comedian, Jay J. Downs show, also the show on the first night. All were enjoyable. Bingo was not kind to us. The slots were much better to us. Food was great. Beef is very good. Yes. Marge was at our table with her friend Nikki, her husband does not cruise, so she goes with a friend. We also had a lovely couple from Indiana & their son & dil. First time cruisers & they loved it. They are hooked! We loved every minute of our trip, even the rolling waves. I know that you will enjoy your trip too.

So glad to hear you love the Zenith -- it just seems to keep getting better. We were on the Jewel of the Seas a couple of weeks ago and saw the Zenith in port at Hamilton. The smaller sized ships sure have the advantage in Bermuda. The Jewel had to dock at King's Wharf which is at least an hour away from the pretty pink beaches.

2 DD's & I will be on the Zenith for a short 4-nighter next month. Our family always celebrates the holiday the Sunday before...then on Thanksgiving, the gals take a whirlwind getaway while the guys are glued to the TV watching football. As long as there's leftover turkey sandwiches (and beer) and the games are exciting (and there's beer) and a new battery in the remote control (and plenty of beer), I don't think they even notice we're gone!

Gail, We will be coming into Rome on Galaxy on 10/17. I'll give you a wave! I wanted to book B2B and go to Galveston but the couple we are sailing with did not want to stay away that long. Actually Ed nixed the idea also. Bur I would have loved to do it. Enjoy.

Gail, We will be coming into Rome on Galaxy on 10/17. I'll give you a wave! I wanted to book B2B and go to Galveston but the couple we are sailing with did not want to stay away that long. Actually Ed nixed the idea also. Bur I would have loved to do it. Enjoy.

Archived