Seats for Edinburgh Tattoo

realnice46

Premier seats, ( not Royal Gallery ) for the Tattoo are listed as having armrest and padded seat and seat backs. Has anyone had these seats, do they look larger that the regular and are they worth the extra price?

Honestly, I can't remember if our seats had armrests or not, but one word of advice as to where you book your seats. We were at the end opposite the castle (basically the end zone) , right above one of the exits and it was perfect. We were able to see the development of each of the performance routines and they exited right under us (which made for wonderful photos). Also, at the end of the performance, we were able to exit very quickly to catch our cab back to the ship. Be sure and dress for very cool (and possible wet) weather - even in August!

Cole

Honestly, I can't remember if our seats had armrests or not, but one word of advice as to where you book your seats. We were at the end opposite the castle (basically the end zone) , right above one of the exits and it was perfect. We were able to see the development of each of the performance routines and they exited right under us (which made for wonderful photos). Also, at the end of the performance, we were able to exit very quickly to catch our cab back to the ship. Be sure and dress for very cool (and possible wet) weather - even in August!

Cole

Hi

Was it hard to get from the castle back to the ship? We are trying to make our own transport for the Tattoo.

Thanks

Marilyn

Hi

Was it hard to get from the castle back to the ship? We are trying to make our own transport for the Tattoo.

Thanks

Marilyn

We were docked at Rosyth and had booked a private cab through the visitor's center to pick us up at the ship and then after the show. He was waiting for us at the designated place and we were on our way. The easiest trip I think we have ever made! I would highly recommend that means of travel. Contact the visitor's center to make those arrangements. They are a great help. :)

Cole

Hi

Thanks

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn, If you tell me which ship you'll be on and I should be able to help with where you'll be docked - unless you know already. We're down at the port when cruise ships come in and with other volunteers run the info desk at Rosyth. So much depends on where you're docked as to how easy it will be.