Spending and mariner points

cabinluvn

You also get credit for any part of $300. So, $320 is two days. We were over by under $5 and got credit for the extra day.

Sounds like it may have changed. I was always told they round up if you're at least 25% toward the next... so $374 would get 1. $375-624 would get 2.

If now it's ANY amount that would be new... but very cool :)

Sounds like it may have changed. I was always told they round up if you're at least 25% toward the next... so $374 would get 1. $375-624 would get 2.

We have always been credited according to "POA1" formula since the introduction of the program. This is not new.

I was surprised, because we didn't expect it. This was last year, so it may have changed.

Is there any way to get a credit without taking a cruise? I am one credit short of my 3rd star and my S.O. is one credit short of her 2nd star. If I had done some calculating, I would have spent a bit more on my last cruise to get to the next level. It would be nice to have that extra star before my next cruise.

Is there any way to get a credit without taking a cruise? I am one credit short of my 3rd star and my S.O. is one credit short of her 2nd star. If I had done some calculating, I would have spent a bit more on my last cruise to get to the next level. It would be nice to have that extra star before my next cruise.

No, not without a cruise.

I'm also fairly certain that if you purchase an upsell after final payment then that will also count towards the spending points. Both cruises I have ended up well past what I expected for extra days. We've been on 2 7 day cruises and are 1 day away from hitting level 2 status with 30 days. Only one of the cruises was double points for starting in a signature suite, we have been in Neptune's both times now.

Edited by sherilyn70

I'm also fairly certain that if you purchase an upsell after final payment then that will also count towards the spending points.
I don't think so. Your original fare doesn't count, and any FCD you buy don't count ... why would a fare increase count?

Then explain to me how I get 5 days credit out of a $1,010 invoice on board?
You only need $1201 to get 5 days. Did you spend $191 on things which would not show on that invoice, such as pre-booked excursions, specialty restaurants, beverages, spas, etc, or get any gifts from friends/family/TA?

If not, it's a question for the Mariner's Society. I think if they gave credit for upsells we would have heard about it on this forum a loooooooong time ago! :)

Edited by jtl513

You only need $1201 to get 5 days. Did you spend $191 on things which would not show on that invoice, such as pre-booked excursions, specialty restaurants, beverages, spas, etc, or get any gifts from friends/family/TA?

I did not. The most undocumented that could be on it would be $108. However $60 of that was refunded.

I did not. The most undocumented that could be on it would be $108. However $60 of that was refunded.
Well, then I can't explain it either, but I still doubt very much that the one extra day credit came from the upsell cost.

You would be the first person in history to get credit for an upsell. Aren't you lucky? If you find out from the mariner society that is what it's from, let me know. They owe me a whole lot of points in that case. Thx.

So if we take our DD and DGD on a cruise and they gave their own stateroom, but we charge everything during the cripuise for team and us on our credit card, do we get the mariner credits for money spent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by cabinluvn

So if we take our DD and DGD on a cruise and they gave their own stateroom, but we charge everything during the cripuise for team and us on our credit card, do we get the mariner credits for money spent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No, they will get the credits. It goes to the name on the booking.

We went over this with you two weeks ago: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2277049

If you pay for drinks, shop purchases, cabanas, etc, on your room card you get the credit because as far as HAL knows you are buying it for yourself. You can not get credit for their HSC even if you pay the bill because those charges are on their cabin "folio".

I'm not sure who would get the credit if you paid for their excursions. Five years ago I paid for excursions for DB/DSiL in another cabin and I think we each got the credits even though it was paid by my credit card. Unfortunately I don't have the records to say for sure.

Edited by jtl513

I was thinking everything but the HSC on our card. How would they know who we were buying it for?
You asked "but we charge everything during the cripuise for team and us on our credit card, do we get the mariner credits for money spent?"

The credit card that pays the bill is not important. Anything that you charge on your room card goes on your folio and you get the credit ... except, as I said above, possibly the credit for excursion charges may go to the person(s) who take them regardless of the room card used.

Edited by jtl513