FTTF - San Juan

kurukthemal

We've used FTTF before and think it's worth the $50 or so. However, I am struggling with it for our upcoming cruise out of San Juan. We are coming in the day before and will spend most of embarkation day at the hotel swimming. The Fascination doesn't leave until 10PM as well. Then I notice that we do not have any tendering at any port during our cruise and our flights leave later in the day when we get back.

So, is there a reason that you would still get FTTF for this specific itinerary? Am I missing something?

Many thanks!!

We've used FTTF before and think it's worth the $50 or so. However, I am struggling with it for our upcoming cruise out of San Juan. We are coming in the day before and will spend most of embarkation day at the hotel swimming. The Fascination doesn't leave until 10PM as well. Then I notice that we do not have any tendering at any port during our cruise and our flights leave later in the day when we get back.

So, is there a reason that you would still get FTTF for this specific itinerary? Am I missing something?

Many thanks!!

I would say, no, to the FTTF on this one if I were you. The biggest advantage to FTTF is that you expedite boarding. But, in my opinion, since the ship doesn't sail until 10 PM, you and the rest of the cruisers have most all day to board. Boarding will probably be sporadic as people are arriving at various times of the day. I, personally, would just save that money and spend it on your cruise. Have a great cruise. I will be sailing the Fascination out of Jacksonville for a 4 nighter on Jan 21.

This isn't a good time for FTTF. San Juan is notorious for being slow on their boarding so don't show up early. Plus you already mentioned the other reasons (like tendering and flights) why people like FTTF.

Sure you can buy it, get on the boat early, drop off your stuff etc...but why? Enjoy your hotel and beach. The boat will be there.

I've seen on some of the boards that some people board, have lunch and turn around to Debark and enjoy the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our last time in San Juan we got in line at about 10, waited a good half hour or so for them to start checking boarding passes. Went into the cruise terminal and had no line what so ever than waited another half hour 45 to actually bored the ship. Remember, you can bored the ship and get off again through out the day so FTTF isn't really worth it.

The only two benefits I see would be if you want to get on the ship early, drop your stuff off, and then head off the ship again to explore San Juan.

Also, this one was HUGE for us, was the special line at Guest Services. Although we only used it twice, it probably saved us an hour in waiting time.

Otherwise, as others have said, this might not be the best port to have it.

Enjoy your cruise!

I went back and forth on getting FTTF with the late debarking; however I am travelling with a sister who has diabetes and some issues with standing long term and when we used FTTF on a previous trip from San Juan the only seating was in the FTTF area and she really needed to sit, so was a godsend that trip. Also did use it for the Guest services line a couple of times and it was nice to avoid the line.

So not necessary for sure but it did come in handy last time and love dropping the carryone with essentials that I would otherwise have to have with me until the room is ready. So I will go with it one more time before turning finally getting to platinum and not needing it anymore.

We just got back from the Liberty in San Juan. Without a doubt it was the EASIEST boarding process ever for us. I'm not sure if it was because they sent out a letter beforehand asking everyone not to check in until 4 because there was a charter debarking but we arrived a little after 1 and there was no one in line. We breezed through check-in and security and were on board at most 15 minutes after we got to the check in line.

Our room was also ready after we ate at the Lido - not sure if it was before we got to the Lido because we didn't check. Luggage showed up in less than an hour after that.

Everyone's experience will differ - but I personally don't think it's worth it for that port.