Does booking a mini suite gty on Getaway mean you will have a mid cabin?

KevP

New to the Getaway.

Looking at the cost benefit of booking a gty balcony vs gty mini suite. I have read about the differences and understand is mostly in the extended bathroom and double sink and larger shower.

However one item that I don't seen brought up is....Does booking a gty mini suite (MX) also mean that you have a very high chance of having a cabin located in the middle of the ship? Where the balcony gty could be very far front or aft? Unless you get one of the true MX cabins or the M6 cabins that are front of deck 8 with the larger balconies (which would be great but probably will not get) it looks like all the other mini suite categories are mid ship. Am I seeing it correctly?

So how important is a mid cabin on the Getaway? Previously the largest ships we have been on are the Celebrity S class ships (Reflection, Eclipse, etc). On those we did look to go mid or close to the elevator/stairs as we just like to get drinks from the bar and bring to our balcony....The same thing would be important to us on the Getaway...

The total cost difference for us gty balcony to gty minisuite is $200.

Thanks for any input

Thanks all

First I know we are booking a GTY so of course we are good "with worst in the category". Makes it much easier that none of the cabins are obstructed view like the Celebrity S Class ships.

So that said we would be totally fine with any of the deck 8 mini suite cabins given the balcony size. (Actually very happy if we got one, but not going to happen)

When I look at the deck plans to find "the worst mini suite guarantee cabin they could give us" it looks like all the rest are all located mid ship. Just want to see if the more experienced NCL'ers see it the same way.....in other words none are really in bad locations...although some may be under a high traffic area.

That would make a difference in booking at gty mini suite vs gty balcony....hope that makes sense.

Thanks all

First I know we are booking a GTY so of course we are good "with worst in the category". Makes it much easier that none of the cabins are obstructed view like the Celebrity S Class ships.

So that said we would be totally fine with any of the deck 8 mini suite cabins given the balcony size. (Actually very happy if we got one, but not going to happen)

When I look at the deck plans to find "the worst mini suite guarantee cabin they could give us" it looks like all the rest are all located mid ship. Just want to see if the more experienced NCL'ers see it the same way.....in other words none are really in bad locations...although some may be under a high traffic area.

That would make a difference in booking at gty mini suite vs gty balcony....hope that makes sense.

I concur with what you are thinking. Without looking at what floors you could possibly get, maybe being on Deck 12 might be undesirable as the kids club is that floor - or being by certain bars or something - just thinking of anything that could have an impact.

• 6 months later...

We booked a GTY Mini Suite around the 1st of Feb this year for a June 2016 cruise. We ended up getting a room on deck 11. I don't remember the exact number but it was 11792-80. I just remember that it was really close to mid ship. The other interesting thing was that we got our room # within the 1st week after we booked it. Which I thought was nice.

We have since done an upsell to a Haven. Had we not done that we were fine with our GTY.

Why a gyt? They are excluded from the promos.

If you pick a balcony cabin you can get 2 choices and you would pay less than for a gty mini with no promos.

They became excluded only recently, none of previous posters telling about their experiences have booked while the limitation has existed.

Edited by Demonyte

They became excluded only recently, none of previous posters telling about their experiences have booked while the limitation has existed.

Since I did not quote anyone and clearly stated "if you pick" I was referring to the op who has not booked yet and would certainly be under the current promo exclusions.

Since I did not quote anyone and clearly stated "if you pick" I was referring to the op who has not booked yet and would certainly be under the current promo exclusions.

Since you didn't quote anyone specific, it is clear that you replied to the thread in general as OP surely booked their cruise already last year when GTYs weren't excluded (this thread was started in Nov '15).

How do you know the OP hasn't booked yet? They posted their question last November, six months ago. I would think they'd booked not too long afterwards.

Edited by NMLady

Since you didn't quote anyone specific, it is clear that you replied to the thread in general as OP surely booked their cruise already last year when GTYs weren't excluded (this thread was started in Nov '15).

I didn't see the date at the top and neither did you which is why you edited your post.

Have a great day everyone.

Edited by Tinyturtle22

Why a gyt? They are excluded from the promos.

If you pick a balcony cabin you can get 2 choices and you would pay less than for a gty mini with no promos.

We booked Jan 29th and got the two promos that go with a bal.