Regal Princess deluxe balcony room D409

bec funky

Here are two pics of a Royal Deluxe balcony stateroom. Since the two ships are mirror images, I can't imagine this room looking any different on the Regal.

What do you mean by out? Our balcony was on the Lido and very tiny but we didn't use it much, so really didn't matter.

deluxe.jpg.c1ae41b36216944b777ee4a3ddaf8330.jpg

bathroom.jpg.008ea9c9e6bb14b6b79cdc7b541fbae8.jpg

Sorry I don't have a pic to download, but I stayed in this exact cabin last year. Enjoyed the location so much, we picked the comparable one (D410) on the Royal for our next cruise. The balcony does angle out a bit more than a normal deluxe balcony cabin, so it is larger than others. And it feels very private. You will have some ambient light on the balcony at night from the promenade and the Skywalk several decks up. But I liked it; no need to turn on the balcony lights! No obstruction either.

Inside, it's the same as any other deluxe balcony. You won't have mid-ship stairs, but we never had an issue with walking to forward stairs or using mid-ship elevators.

• 2 months later...
Sorry I don't have a pic to download, but I stayed in this exact cabin last year. Enjoyed the location so much, we picked the comparable one (D410) on the Royal for our next cruise. The balcony does angle out a bit more than a normal deluxe balcony cabin, so it is larger than others. And it feels very private. You will have some ambient light on the balcony at night from the promenade and the Skywalk several decks up. But I liked it; no need to turn on the balcony lights! No obstruction either.

Inside, it's the same as any other deluxe balcony. You won't have mid-ship stairs, but we never had an issue with walking to forward stairs or using mid-ship elevators.

Hi Luvseaside,

I am just about to book Regal D409 for Feb 2017 so eager to read your opinion. We loved Regal when we stayed in a standard balcony cabin last year (C209). We chose D409 just for the balcony space since friends will be coming along and hoping to all have cocktails together on the balcony. I would be paying a few hundred dollars more for this room vs the standard balcony cabin, so any idea how much extra space you really got? Thanks so much!

Dear luvseaside, I am booked in E425 also for the balcony size. My question is about the the promenade below. Everyone's tastes are different, an example being on my last cruise I finally snagged an aft facing balcony which I thought was the greatest thing since sliced bread, for the view and loved the wake of the ship from the rear but my DH was not happy and asked to go back to a side balcony next time.

I am worried about the promenade being noisy or smoke drifting up. I believe , like you, I will enjoy the light from the promenade but does it affect the inside of the cabin or just the balcony?

Edited by newcruzer2

Dear luvseaside, I am booked in E425 also for the balcony size. My question is about the the promenade below. . I believe , like you, I will enjoy the light from the promenade but does it affect the inside of the cabin or just the balcony?

We stayed in this cabin. NO, you will not be bothered with noise. There are a few chairs in that area and we found most people are sitting in couples having a drink from Crooners or reading quietly. Honestly, unless we looked down we were unaware when anyone was there. Never noticed any lights. We draw our drapes at night.

Loved the larger balcony. It's a great value choice.

We stayed in this cabin. NO, you will not be bothered with noise. There are a few chairs in that area and we found most people are sitting in couples having a drink from Crooners or reading quietly. Honestly, unless we looked down we were unaware when anyone was there. Never noticed any lights. We draw our drapes at night.

Loved the larger balcony. It's a great value choice.

Ty for your reply. :)

Thanks for this info! I guess I'm a little confused, is this considered a mini suite? My husband and I will be cruising on Regal March 6th and we are booked in D410.

Here are two pics of a Royal Deluxe balcony stateroom. Since the two ships are mirror images, I can't imagine this room looking any different on the Regal.

What do you mean by out? Our balcony was on the Lido and very tiny but we didn't use it much, so really didn't matter.

This looks like a mini suite as opposed to a Deluxe Balcony room. We had a Deluxe balcony and it was a regular cabin plus sofa, but not a bathtub or all that extra space in the photo

Thanks for this info! I guess I'm a little confused, is this considered a mini suite? My husband and I will be cruising on Regal March 6th and we are booked in D410.

http://www.icruise.com/cabins/princess-cruises-royal-princess-cabin-D410.html

The above photos depict a mini-suite. A Deluxe balcony on Royal and Regal are regular cabins which have a sofa but the balconies are smallish EXCEPT for a few Deluxe balcony cabins which have larger balconies

We have had mini suites and regular balconies and deluxe balconies before, but the pics above are mini-suite pics, as the deluxe balcony and balcony cabins don't have bathtubs, either. [emoji6]

d410 shows as deluxe balcony

Edited by 4cats4me

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.icruise.com/cabins/princess-cruises-royal-princess-cabin-D410.html

The above photos depict a mini-suite. A Deluxe balcony on Royal and Regal are regular cabins which have a sofa but the balconies are smallish EXCEPT for a few Deluxe balcony cabins which have larger balconies

We have had mini suites and regular balconies and deluxe balconies before, but the pics above are mini-suite pics, as the deluxe balcony and balcony cabins don't have bathtubs, either. [emoji6]

d410 shows as deluxe balcony

The pictures are definitely a Mini-Suite, and I'm positive D410 is a Deluxe Balcony. I just spent the better part of two days scrutinizing deck plans and any pictures I could find before I chose D410 for a cruise on the Regal. I looked at the Mini-Suites in the same location on other decks, and finally decided it wasn't worth paying extra for a little more space, a bathtub, and another TV since we only have one sea day on our seven-night cruise.

This looks like a mini suite as opposed to a Deluxe Balcony room. We had a Deluxe balcony and it was a regular cabin plus sofa, but not a bathtub or all that extra space in the photo

No, the pics I posted above are from a deluxe balcony cabin on the lido deck, not a mini suite.

Yep, you're correct. I just double ckecked and we did have a mini suite. Had originally booked a deluxe balcony and then paid for an upsell to a mini suite. Sorry for any confusion.

We will be staying in B409 next week boarding on the 6th. We did take time to finally pick this room mini suite, mid ship, mid level from promenade and glass skywalk, facing forward and we hope pretty private from hanging skywalk.

Still we are curious to see for real the size of the balcony, how windy it can get and how convenient it is to move within the ship given the lack of mid ship stairs.

Will write a post with our real life experience with the ship and this room.

Cheers