New Promotion Email

Katrine822

We are booked (1st time) on NCL - specifically the Star out of Tampa in Dec. When we booked, we rec'd UBP. Now we get an email indicating that people booking balconies can get not just one, but two benefits. If we could get the Free Specialty Dining on top of the UBP, well... Merry Christmas.

Does NCL retrofit promotions to existing bookings? If so, how? I have an email into the travel agent to check into this but I figured I'd get better info from 'those who have gone before' so to speak. Thanks:)

I spoke to my TA for our 3/6/16 Cruise on the Breakaway...we initially booked UBP but wanted to take advantage of the pick 2 option now offered....the TA called NCL and told me i would have to rebook at current price to get this bargin...but it will be a net increase of $1700.00 total for our midship mini we booked while kids sail free was going on....so do i want to add the specialty restaurants for an additional $1700.00? not a chance in Carnival...:)

Most already booked paid less for the same cruise...

i posted that last week all the prices on our future cruise mysteriously increased by $300 per stateroom category... now we know why...

Best,

mark

Easy as pie, so long as you're outside the final payment date. I've done it twice in the past couple months for different trips.

You'll rebook under the current room rate - so check to see what that is before calling. Last time around, my room rate dropped in addition to the added perk. It's as if they're paying me to cruise. :)

Edit - I'm actually on the phone with my travel agent right now for adding SDP to UBP for our Nov 2016 Dawn sailing. The room rate is the same as when we first booked. $990pp for BA Midship Balcony, plus SDP and UBP. Who wants to join us?

Edited by TheDougOut

I spoke to my TA for our 3/6/16 Cruise on the Breakaway...we initially booked UBP but wanted to take advantage of the pick 2 option now offered....the TA called NCL and told me i would have to rebook at current price to get this bargin...but it will be a net increase of $1700.00 total for our midship mini we booked while kids sail free was going on....so do i want to add the specialty restaurants for an additional $1700.00? not a chance in Carnival...:)

i posted that last week all the prices on our future cruise mysteriously increased by $300 per stateroom category... now we know why...

Best,

mark

I'm assuming the $1700 additional price quoted for you is because when you booked there was extra passengers free and that is not one of the promos currently available on your cruise. So when you cancel and rebook you would be paying for all the passengers at full price in addition to if the cruise's base fare increases as well.

By the way, prices do not mysteriously increase. It's all supply and demand just like a flight on an airline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does NCL retrofit promotions to existing bookings? If so, how?
New promos are for new bookings. In practice, this means that you can usually get the new offer for an existing booking if you are still within the free cancellation period (or if you are willing to pay the cancellation penalty). But you are basically rebooking with the current conditions, at the current rate, so you really need to figure out if the this is a better deal than what you already have.

Assuming your booking is for December 2015, you will probably not be able to benefit from this new offer. Because you must be in the 75% or 100% cancellation phase by now, and because the Pick Two promo is only valid if you are at least 30 days from sailing on the Star (depends on your exact dates, any departure date before 24 December would not be eligible at this point).

It doesn't hurt to ask your travel agent if they can do anything. Sometimes they are able to work wonders for their clients. But I wouldn't hold out much hope in this particular case.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Best,

mark

I'm booked on Escape for this Jan.When I booked you could either choose from the UBP or $200 for 2 weeks.I choose the $200 as I don't drink much.A few weeks later you could choose from 2 choices the UBP and an internet package.I asked my ta to see if I could change so she rang NCL for me and said I could but would have to cancel and re book plus loose my original deposit.The price of my studio cabin had also gone up by a fair amount.I choose not to change as it would cost me a lot more that what I paid for.

It annoys me that the "Pick 2" (was "Pick 1") promos are only up to 16 days. We're planning to do a 21 day + 10 day cruise and are SOL for the 21 day leg.

My plan is to limit the drinks to around what we would have paid for the service charge on the "free" UBP...

It annoys me that the "Pick 2" (was "Pick 1") promos are only up to 16 days.
Yes, that would annoy me, too. It's obvious that they just don't want to give people the UBP for such a long cruise, but they could just come out and say that, and continue to offer the other choices. The other perks already come with restrictions (SDP is only for a certain number of meals, shorex credit is limited to a certain number of ports), so there is really no reason they can't adapt those perks for people booking longer cruises.

Yes, that would annoy me, too. It's obvious that they just don't want to give people the UBP for such a long cruise, but they could just come out and say that, and continue to offer the other choices. The other perks already come with restrictions (SDP is only for a certain number of meals, shorex credit is limited to a certain number of ports), so there is really no reason they can't adapt those perks for people booking longer cruises.

Yeah - it struck me as "odd". The TA had no idea that the fine print excluded us...

We are booked (1st time) on NCL - specifically the Star out of Tampa in Dec. When we booked, we rec'd UBP. Now we get an email indicating that people booking balconies can get not just one, but two benefits. If we could get the Free Specialty Dining on top of the UBP, well... Merry Christmas.

Does NCL retrofit promotions to existing bookings? If so, how? I have an email into the travel agent to check into this but I figured I'd get better info from 'those who have gone before' so to speak. Thanks:)

You can always ask.

But in your case, unlikely since you are well within the final payment date and well into the cancellation fees.

Never hurts to ask.