Best Parking in Galveston

DH30

galvestonparkncruise.com

rite across the street from the ship

Agreed, you make a reservation ahead of time. You walk across the street, no shuttles, no fuss. In fact here is a picture of our vehicle I took from our balcony on the cruise ship. You can't get any closer than that.

parkncruise.jpg.c56a4795b0de9f942efff2db8cc1b79f.jpg

Agreed, you make a reservation ahead of time. You walk across the street, no shuttles, no fuss. In fact here is a picture of our vehicle I took from our balcony on the cruise ship. You can't get any closer than that.

Agree with Park n Cruise. But pony up another $20 and your car can be locked inside that pink building the entire week. I have used them 3 times...each time inside. No shuttles, no waiting, and no need to drop off your luggage before you park.

I think the price has gone up to $85 for a week of inside parking. But well worth it and the extra bit is a mere drop in the bucket compared to the hundreds/thousands you are spending on the cruise in the first place.

Several of the hotels also offer comp. cruise parking and a shuttle to and from the port. If you're going to be overnighting anyway, or if you're on the fence about coming down a day early, check them out. Often you can get a room for $99 or so. Not much more than just the parking itself.

Lighthouse Parking, the lot is about four foot higher than the surrounding parking lots, doesn't make any difference most of the time but they have been known to have high water there once in a great while.

Lets me sleep soundly once on the boat.

Edited by idlenote

I agree with Lighthouse. We have used them twice and had great service.

We were boarding NOTS during all the rainy weather from Hurricane Patricia October 25. A couple was on the shuttle when we climbed aboard for the ride to the ship. They had not used Lighthouse but our driver has picked them up at the port and was going to drop them off at their parking lot on the way back to the port with our group. The roads were flooded. The driver got them as close as he could to their lot and then put on his rubber boots to get their luggage out of the back of the shuttle. Awesome service for people who didn't even use Lighthouse parking.

We have used Park N Cruise twice and they are great but if you want to get a little closer, Galveston VIP Parking is right on the corner by the red light. All they have is inside parking. We used them once when they were owned by another company.

I have booked with VIP Parking for our cruise in April. We prefer being a little closer since I have mobility issues and this time I will be using a wheelchair. It just seem easier.