Norwegian | Breakaway | 7/10/2016 | 7 Day Bermuda!

Tom.Kitten

My lucky tenth cruise, and I'm dragging along my best friend Jason for his first cruise ever!

My last attempt to get back to Bermuda was diverted to St. John, New Brunswick, by hurricane Juaquin, so I'm hoping I have better luck with a try in July.

• 3 months later...

Hey Tom

My husband and I and a friend of ours will be on the July 10th cruise with you. This will be our 3rd time there and our friends first in a LONG time.

Its been 3 years since we've been on a cruise and are looking forward to it. This will be our first time on the Breakaway, so we are excited to try this new boat out.

It's nice to hear you are bringing your friend for his first cruise. Bermuda is a great one to start with. You have a ton of time to explore (3 days).

Anthony

I'm really glad to hear from you, Anthony, and I hope we can meet up on the ship. My husband and I sailed the Breakaway to Florida and the Bahamas last March, and she's beautiful. She's the largest ship I've cruised on, but still not so huge that you don't get a real cruise feeling from her.

I am looking forward to having the bonus time in Bermuda, too! Previous ventures there have been two-day dockings on RCCL.

I'm really glad to hear from you, Anthony, and I hope we can meet up on the ship. My husband and I sailed the Breakaway to Florida and the Bahamas last March, and she's beautiful. She's the largest ship I've cruised on, but still not so huge that you don't get a real cruise feeling from her.

I am looking forward to having the bonus time in Bermuda, too! Previous ventures there have been two-day dockings on RCCL.

Thanks Tom. Likewise. So your husband is not going to be with you, just your friend?

I'm kind of bummed the spa "rooms" are all co-ed, but everything else sounds great about this new Ship. She is supposed to be amazing.

This will be our 5th cruise. Twice on NCL and twice on Princess. Both are amazing, but I think NCL is a bit more laid back.

I'm jealous you are heading to Alaska. I'd love to go there on a cruise one day.

• 2 months later...

Sadly, my husband passed away in October last year. I am bringing a bit of him with me for a very informal thing; Bermuda was his favorite destination. I did Mexico last December solo, and doing Alaska (only a couple of weeks away now!) solo as well - and it'll be my first Princess cruise. Will I get a special tiara for that? Since cruising alone can be a bit depressing and tedious (I found THAT out on the Mexico trip!), I'm dragging Jason along for Bermuda. The Alaska trip came up unexpectedly, and there wasn't really time to find a companion -- but it's my goal to be friendlier and attend every FOD on that one. :-)

All the spas on the ships I've been on have been co-ed; or maybe I just don't know what you mean? Rog and I got the "couples" massage on his last voyage (RCCL Liberty of the Seas) and no one batted an eye.

From my experience, I'd rate the NCL Breakaway the best for entertainment, and RCCL the best for food, although it is on the decline. NCL food was ok, but lacking in variety, the only truly good meals I've had on NCL were in the pay-extra-gourmet rooms. Since I'm on a strict diet during the next couple of cruises, the food isn't going to be as much of a consideration for them.

Every day I count the days down in my head ...

• 1 month later...

I cannot wait. We are in major need of this vacation. :)

Hope there is a pretty good crowd on board. I have tried reaching out all over the web and came up pretty empty. :(

O well, we still got our friends and others we may meet. :)

Hope to see you on there.

Anthony