Allure of the Seas review

fun_one

I am very interested in the Allure but also the Anthem. Has anyone sailed both, and if so, why pick one over the other (outside of the obvious NJ vs. FL embarkation port)?

I've done Oasis and Quantum. I enjoyed both cruises, but it seems like a fair amount of people find that the staff on the Quantum class ships is not thrilled with being there.

I'll be on Allure in about a week and a half and I am really excited. I love the Oasis class with the amount of stuff there is to do, and just the sheer size is amazing. I love spending time on the pool deck and down on the boardwalk/aquatheater area.

The NJ port is pretty easy to get to from NYC (which is where I live). Not having to fly somewhere and take a night in a hotel was great, though when I went on Quantum we had to pay to park about 30 minutes away instead of parking on port premises.

Port Everglades we always take a cab to the port and the drop off is always very easy.

-Ross

I've done Oasis and Quantum. I enjoyed both cruises, but it seems like a fair amount of people find that the staff on the Quantum class ships is not thrilled with being there.

I wonder, with no basis for anything beyond speculation, that the newness of the ship has anything to do with that. I remember a lot of reports about the dining staff and cabin attendants being like that on Oasis' inaugural season.

I wonder, with no basis for anything beyond speculation, that the newness of the ship has anything to do with that. I remember a lot of reports about the dining staff and cabin attendants being like that on Oasis' inaugural season.

I have no idea. But I believe I was on the ship during Oasis' inaugural season and I remember the staff being AMAZING. Royal pulled their best staff onto the ship and I had stellar service.

Edit: I was on 4 months after launch.

Edited by rbschultz

We used the luggage valet service and it was fantastic. Once your luggage is out of your room you do not see it until you arrive at your final destination. Your boarding pass arrives the night before, so once through TSA find your gate and you're done. It's so wonderful to be able to avoid the luggage hassle.

This was a great review. We loved our cruise on the Allure and would only make few comments, not criticisms. Like you we thought that there were fewer food selections, and though the food was fine...we certainly did not go hungry...it was not exceptional. And agree that the Windjammer dining room was tight. I've always enjoyed an omelet station on a cruise and the prepared omelets were just OK, as were the prepared fried eggs. With so many people that's probably the best way to serve them. My only other "comment" would be the lack of TV stations. I realize that one does not need to watch TV on a cruise, but there are down times like when you are dressing for dinner, or before you turn in that a good selection of channels would be nice.

This was a great review. We loved our cruise on the Allure and would only make few comments, not criticisms. Like you we thought that there were fewer food selections, and though the food was fine...we certainly did not go hungry...it was not exceptional. And agree that the Windjammer dining room was tight. I've always enjoyed an omelet station on a cruise and the prepared omelets were just OK, as were the prepared fried eggs. With so many people that's probably the best way to serve them. My only other "comment" would be the lack of TV stations. I realize that one does not need to watch TV on a cruise, but there are down times like when you are dressing for dinner, or before you turn in that a good selection of channels would be nice.

Could not agree more on the TV !!!!

Carnival carries all Miami based local channels as well as many other options. It is not that difficult to change satellites and carry more channels.