Taxis from Harborfront Terminal to Singapore Airport

NDRB

We have an early morning flight out of Singapore (7 am) the mornning after our HAL cruise returns to Singapore (11pm the night before).

It will be too early to take the ship's transfers and we are wondering about the availability of taxis at the pier at 4am?

Nina

I really appreciate the link, MJN1. Some of the taxi companies have apparently gone out of business, but I did receive responses frorm two of the companies... Hopefully it will work out fairly smoothly!

Does anyone have any idea how long I should allow to exit our stateroom with our suitcases and go through customs at that early morning hour? The taxi companies want a pretty precise time to meet, and they charge in 15 minute increments if you are late.

You could actually save some of the phone numbers ir Comfort, citycab, SMRT (the more popular Taxi Companies in SG) and called them and do a booking. Another way is to do an advance booking by giving them the location and time to pick you up.

You are most likely not have any Taxi waiting at the Taxi Stand at 4am. Most locals if up at this time will probably go to the main road (main street) to flag a taxi driving by. You may be fortunate to meet people (ie security guards) who may be kind enough to book a Taxi for you.

I wonder, your cruise arrives Harborfront Singapore at 11pm right?

4am estimate was your estimated time that you are able to get your luggages at the terminal? If not please ask your cruise line for more accurate information. Specially Singapore ICA (immigration) wonder if they will be there at 12am for the guests, hopefully yes.

There is a hotel very near Harborfront, where we went to because we had to take a taxi to Marina bay area because RCL website pointed us to the wrong terminal. This was however at 930am, but maybe someone in the hotel can help you. However I still agree with the suggestion to call a taxi company.

Hey in fact if you have their numbers handy, just call them when you are being called to go through immigration, by the time you are done, a taxi should probably be waiting for you.

On the other hand (again) if a cruise ship is about to arrive, taxi drivers know this and would start queuing already, so probably no shortage for you.

I'm sure you are considering the worse case, wherein you arrive 11pm but only get off by 4am or 5am. Don't worry too much, it's more than enough for you to check in and catch your flight, Changi is very efficient.

In fact, if you can get off early, you might want to opt to go to the airport and go around Changi, we just came from Singapore and the whole family spent 6 hours in Changi and time flew!

Hope this helped!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you have too much luggage, a standard taxi may not be able to accommodate all the luggage.

thats right, need a big taxi. but we leave in the late afternoon, so we can have a look for a big taxi.

Still wondering about the transfers, can not find any information about the prices.