FREEDOM-Wheres my muster?

luv2cruzfrmco

We're sailing next week on the Freedom. Our Stateroom is 6395. Suddenly, my DH is stressing because he doesn't know where our muster station is. We've never known before hand where we muster but suddenly not knowing is an issue for him.

He recently retired and the strangest things get to him lately. Does anyone know if I can find out where our muster station is so I can put his mind at ease? :confused:

We're sailing next week on the Freedom. Our Stateroom is 6395. Suddenly, my DH is stressing because he doesn't know where our muster station is. We've never known before hand where we muster but suddenly not knowing is an issue for him.

He recently retired and the strangest things get to him lately. Does anyone know if I can find out where our muster station is so I can put his mind at ease? :confused:

You will not know until you board the ship. I don't know for sure but John Heald may be able to look up the information for you. I think he will be answering questions again tomorrow. facebook.com/johnheald.

All passenger muster stations on the Freedom are on deck 4, Atlantic Deck, in the long outside corridor by the lifeboats. Your cabin is on the starboard side of the ship, and your muster station will be on the starboard side. Just 2 decks below your cabin.

All passenger muster stations on the Freedom are on deck 4, Atlantic Deck, in the long outside corridor by the lifeboats. Your cabin is on the starboard side of the ship, and your muster station will be on the starboard side. Just 2 decks below your cabin.

Thank you so much! That's enough info to make DH happy till next week. Now on to the next thing to stress over. Lately, everyday is an adventure.

Thank you so much! That's enough info to make DH happy till next week. Now on to the next thing to stress over. Lately, everyday is an adventure.

How did you find your muster location before? As a reminder, there is a picture of the ship and location on the inside of every cabin door:D

How did you find your muster location before? As a reminder, there is a picture of the ship and location on the inside of every cabin door:D

Thank you so much for the reminder. I know there are instructions inside the cabin as to where our muster will be. I am not on the ship yet and my husband is worrying about it THIS time when he never has before.

As I said...every day brings a new adventure with him lately. I'm not sure yet if it's the change of being recently retired or if something else is going on but he's stressing and worrying over things he's never worried about before.

Thank you so much for the reminder. I know there are instructions inside the cabin as to where our muster will be. I am not on the ship yet and my husband is worrying about it THIS time when he never has before.

As I said...every day brings a new adventure with him lately. I'm not sure yet if it's the change of being recently retired or if something else is going on but he's stressing and worrying over things he's never worried about before.

I retired a little over 3 years ago and briefly went through a time like that. Was kind of like a lost feeling that came with the unknown about change of schedule, not doing the routine every day things that came with doing the job for over 29 years.

That soon changed with a new partime job, a new hobby and a feeling that came about a year after, realizing that I really don't miss the old job and glad of the new change.

Cruising helped a lot with retirement. As you can see in my past cruises, give him the responsibility of planning the next cruise and go about 3 times a year.

• 9 months later...

hello, you can tell me how you liked the cabin 6395, I'll be in soon, thanks

Muster on the Conquest Class ships ( Conquest, Liberty, Glory, Valor and Freedom) is generally on Deck 4. The muster station will be on the same side of the ship that your cabin is on.

The worst area, IMO, is at the stern, where the open deck 4 passageway becomes enclosed and the air becomes almost unbreatheable the longer the muster takes. It may also be enclosed towards the bow of the ship as well.

My most unique muster was in the Comedy lounge on the Glory when I joined the ship mid cruise in Antigua and they played a CD for me and maybe 7 or 8 other late comers. We still had to walk out to the actual lifeboat site after viewing the CD to comply with Coast Guard or safety regs.

Edited by evandbob