anyone diy st.thomas?

nibbler 1

We have been to ST 4 times in 2 years. Always booked with private before.

Went to St.Johns in Feb. So decided to just wing it this time. We have never done a island tour, without shopping.

We are wanting a private or semi private tour to get a good look at the island, take in the history, and then go to the beach for a couple of hours.

Does anyone know if we can just get a taxi for 2 people to do this at a resonable price or will we have to join a large group? Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What did you do on your private tours that you didn't see the island and get some history? What kind of tours were those?

If you could find another couple to join you, you can probably get a semi private tour for about $35 per person.

Yes, there will be some private taxi drivers (not the jitney type) that you can get for a private drive. We did this. We got a driver to take us to Coki for a couple of hours, pick us up for a bit of an island tour, then drop us downtown for some shopping. I don't remember the cost, but it wasn't outrageous and he was right on time when we were ready for pick-up. We were in an air-conditioned van. There were 4 of us.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, there will be some private taxi drivers (not the jitney type) that you can get for a private drive. We did this. We got a driver to take us to Coki for a couple of hours, pick us up for a bit of an island tour, then drop us downtown for some shopping. I don't remember the cost, but it wasn't outrageous and he was right on time when we were ready for pick-up. We were in an air-conditioned van. There were 4 of us.

Did you make arrangements with driver before you got to the island? Or did you just find a driver at the pier? If so, where do you go to find one? Thanks!

Did you make arrangements with driver before you got to the island? Or did you just find a driver at the pier? If so, where do you go to find one? Thanks!

We just grabbed one a the pier. We asked the dispatcher who was directing people to taxis and he called one for us. Told him what we wanted and we were off!! Simple!

we recently used Deans Taxi and Tour company, cost was $50 for first person then $25 pp for others, Dean was fabulous, great vehicle and we saw lots of the island. www.deanstaxiandtours.com

Would love to use him again.

I got an error when I tried your link - is this the same "Dean": http://www.deanstaxi.com/

I got an error when I tried your link - is this the same "Dean": http://www.deanstaxi.com/

http://www.deanstaxi.com/

I am trying to set up a tour with Dean for our January visit (cruise stop). I emailed him yesterday and I had a response by this morning. His rate is $65/hr. It sounds like you can pretty much customize your tour.

Slightly pricey for just two people, but not outrageous. I might try to find a couple of folks from our roll call to join us just to bring the cost down a smidge. He is a retired police officer from St. Thomas.