New to NCL…Escape questions

mailmama

We sail in a couple weeks and so far, NCL has been a disappointment ( on paper) We are a family/friends group of 15, all ages. The kids are all asking where can you get a burger/fries for free? They (and the parents, too!) can't afford those NY/California prices stated in the new Margaritaville menu. Can anyone please inform me so I can let the burger-addicts know? I am really hoping NCL will wow me once we are onboard!!

You can get burgers from o'Sheehans and also the buffet. I like the o'Sheehans one and in the buffet you can make your own with a few options.

I've not had lunch in the MDR for a while, but have a feeling burgers are available then as well.

Food republic also does beef sliders, although there is a small charge for them. They were very good.

Are the buffet burgers really good on the Escape?

they have not always been so on other ships.

Which burger is better?

My favorite burgers on Escape in order:

Food Republic

Margaritaville

O'Sheehan's

Garden Cafe Buffet

It depends whether you want a quick grab, to sit down and be served, to pay or not pay, etc...

Do they have free pizza?

Yes, in the buffet. There are usually three types available.

I don't recall ever trying the burgers in the buffet, but I regularly grab a slice of pizza. It's not going to win any awards, but it's usually pretty good in my opinion.

I am new to NCL and Escape too. I have a different non burger question and I hope it is ok to ask here rather than on a new thread. Hope you don't mind mailmama.

Does one have to make a reservation for dinner in the Taste and Savor restaurants? or can you just walk up and be seated? I usually eat early between 6 and 6.30 and is just me, table for one. thanks.

Certainly no need for reservations at Taste and Savor. They can be useful for large groups, but I've never even considered making them for our family of three.

At busy times there may be a short wait for a table. We usually eat early and have never had to wait for longer than a couple of minutes.

We sail in a couple weeks and so far, NCL has been a disappointment ( on paper) We are a family/friends group of 15, all ages. The kids are all asking where can you get a burger/fries for free? They (and the parents, too!) can't afford those NY/California prices stated in the new Margaritaville menu. Can anyone please inform me so I can let the burger-addicts know? I am really hoping NCL will wow me once we are onboard!!

No matter what is going on with Margaritaville and other changes, the Escape is a beautiful ship, and you're going to have a great time. There are lots of places for your kids to get burgers, I actually like the O'Sheehan's ones very much. I've never had the buffet ones as I'm not a fan of buffets, but you'll be fine.

It's my new favourite, with Epic riding a close second.

Enjoy!

Burgers and wings are great at O'Sheehans. Didn't try the buffet burger. Margaritaville had good burgers, free last week, but not this week. And the fries at Margaritaville were perfect - crisp on the outside and served HOT. And there is a burger on the Haven Restaurant lunch menu that is great. The Key Lime pie at Margaritaville was delicious too!

My favorite burgers on Escape in order:

Food Republic

Margaritaville

O'Sheehan's

Garden Cafe Buffet

It depends whether you want a quick grab, to sit down and be served, to pay or not pay, etc...

I would have figured that this would be the quality burger line-up so to speak.

A buffet burger does not sound "great" maybe edible and would get the job done if a burger was wanted.

A big ship like this needs a few more lunch venues I would think.

I would have figured that this would be the quality burger line-up so to speak.

A buffet burger does not sound "great" maybe edible and would get the job done if a burger was wanted.

A big ship like this needs a few more lunch venues I would think.

The buffet burgers are pretty good, actually.

The buffet burgers are pretty good, actually.

Not saying you're not correct but I've just never found a buffet burger to be "pretty good", like many things on a buffet they get the job done and I eat, but not sure they would be a go to burger if at all possible.

Margaritaville would be a better burger I imagine. Probably won't find out about either probably.

Thanks everyone for the replies! We are trying to gather all the info on this ship (even tho it changes rapidly;)) The gang is so glad to hear of the free burger options available else where. Thanks for the quick answers….now I can get them off my back!!!

Not saying you're not correct but I've just never found a buffet burger to be "pretty good", like many things on a buffet they get the job done and I eat, but not sure they would be a go to burger if at all possible.

Margaritaville would be a better burger I imagine. Probably won't find out about either probably.

I see the logic you're using, but I have preferred the buffet burgers on previous ships, to the M'Ville burger on Escape.

*shrug*

Stephen

I see the logic you're using, but I have preferred the buffet burgers on previous ships, to the M'Ville burger on Escape.

*shrug*

Stephen

Think I will just skip them both. Leaves more for others. ;)