Need help with cabin choice on the Dream

Cruisin Together

I have to make my deposit tomorrow and they are holding two balcony cabins for me. We have three of us and we have 6425 and 12225 with spa passes. the difference is 300.00...ouch but I would use the spa. The only concern I have is the waterslide. Will it crazy loud and I won't enjoy the balcony?

So...6425 or 12225 ???? :confused:

Help please

I would definitely do 12225, if those truly are the only 2 options. I really don't like the looks of 6425, for many reasons. First, it's above the promenade area right outside the dance club. It's not directly above the dance club, which will help. But there will be some noise, in addition to all the people walking around that area late into the night, that might find it's way into the room late at night. A bigger issue is the deck 5 lanai, just below the balcony. The lanai sticks out from the ship, and it circles the whole ship. When you look down, you see this deck and not the water. You have to look outward to see the ocean. This room is close to the giant chess set, which sticks out even further than the rest of the lanai, and it will be very close to where they have the lanai BBQ on sea days for lunch. That means lots of people right below, as well as possibly the smoke from the BBQ.

12225 probably won't be too bad. I do not recall being able to see that first balcony at all from the public areas. From the balcony, you might be able to hear the laughter of the children playing and perhaps the music from the lido deck, but I don't think it would be a big deal. Friends of mine stayed on deck 12 & really loved the location. The one thing they didn't like was that the balcony was uncovered. So it receives more sun, and people can look down onto the front part of the balcony (although they said that only happened at sailaway).

Here's a pic from the deck 5 public lanai, looking up at the balconies. Deck 6 balconies are literally right there, easily seen from the public deck. Lack of privacy & a big obstruction to the view (unless you enjoy the people watching; some do). That lanai BBQ is not in this pic.

0116.jpg

Are there no other 3-person balcony rooms available? For the spa rooms, deck 11 would be better. Those are covered balconies & more insulated from the public areas than that 12225 on the edge of the public area. For a regular balcony, go higher up than deck 6 to avoid that deck 5 lanai obstruction. I would recommend deck 8 or higher. I would most prefer a cove down on deck 2. Those are bigger balconies, & it's so amazing to be so close to the water! Plus, those are the only balconies on the ship that see water when looking straight down. Just be sure to choose one forward of the midship elevators. Otherwise, you would be below the galley/kitchen. Some rooms below the galley experience noise from above. We were below the midship dining room in a cove, and it was totally perfect!!! My favorite balcony of all that I've had!

K2excursion - that was awesome. Now you have me thinking about my room. Which is on the other side. Room 6484. The hubs booked it because it's an extended balcony. Our first time in one. Our fourth cruise and never stayed in a balcony. I told him I'm worried about the noise. But we are rarely in our room & go to sleep late. I wonder if I should call and see if they have anything else.

I was originally going to book a room on 6 until I found out it is above the dance club. That would have been fine in my single days, but traveling with a 5 year old that doesn't work. We chose 7 instead because we have rooms above and below us. I would say deck 12 over 6 personally.

K2excursion - that was awesome. Now you have me thinking about my room. Which is on the other side. Room 6484. The hubs booked it because it's an extended balcony. Our first time in one. Our fourth cruise and never stayed in a balcony. I told him I'm worried about the noise. But we are rarely in our room & go to sleep late. I wonder if I should call and see if they have anything else.

The lanai is much skinnier where you're at, so it's not as much of an obstruction for you. There will be no deck chairs on the lanai below you, and most people will just be walking passed as opposed to lingering there. You have an L-shaped cabin. Technically, it's not an extended balcony. It is a longer balcony, about twice the length of a regular balcony, making these very popular rooms. The lounge immediately below you is where they do karaoke on some nights & the comedy on others. If you go to bed late, that might not be a big issue.

I just wanted to mention that the use of the spa is for two people only. So, if there are 3 of you in the cabin, one person does not get to use the spa package. I'd choose the spa cabin over the cabin on deck 6.

On Dream class ships, I wouldn't stay below deck 8.

I would most prefer a cove down on deck 2. Those are bigger balconies, & it's so amazing to be so close to the water! Plus, those are the only balconies on the ship that see water when looking straight down. Just be sure to choose one forward of the midship elevators. Otherwise, you would be below the galley/kitchen. Some rooms below the galley experience noise from above. We were below the midship dining room in a cove, and it was totally perfect!!! My favorite balcony of all that I've had!

Awesome information! We have our first cove booked for February and are in 2314, which is below the dining room but a bit away from the galley. Do you think there will be an issue with noise. (We are out fairly late so I would think the dining room would be quiet by the time we come in, is that right?)

Awesome information! We have our first cove booked for February and are in 2314, which is below the dining room but a bit away from the galley. Do you think there will be an issue with noise. (We are out fairly late so I would think the dining room would be quiet by the time we come in, is that right?)

Your location is about as perfect as it can get. Right under the dining room. No noise issues at all. Even when the dining room is being used, you won't hear much, if anything. The dining room is carpeted, and people are not stomping around up there. And once dining is over, around 10:00, it's totally empty from then on throughout the night. Enjoy!

Your location is about as perfect as it can get. Right under the dining room. No noise issues at all. Even when the dining room is being used, you won't hear much, if anything. The dining room is carpeted, and people are not stomping around up there. And once dining is over, around 10:00, it's totally empty from then on throughout the night. Enjoy!

Wonderful! Thanks!