Onboard Entertainment Reservation.

A_Sea_Bugg

OK understood, but which seats are held in reserve? They must somehow keep count in 1 section, correct? Do people line up for the no-shows?:confused:

No seats are reserved except for maybe a small section for suites. Those that have reservations have their card scanned at the door to get in. Those that don't have reservations get in a line and are allowed in 15 minutes or so before the start.

On last Oasis cruise there was no rushing to get out of the dining room early as the shows didn't conflict if you reserved correctly.

Reservations are required because you can't have 300 people trying to get in a space that holds only 200 such as the comedy club. Something that could easily happen on a ship with 5000 plus passengers.

It's really no big deal to make reservations as many here think it is. You look at the schedule and decide which show on any particular night works well with you dining time. You would do that on the day of anyway

Somehow I still prefer the old way of selecting my own seat in any of the lounges on Princess. There are some seats in the smaller lounges that would be my last choice to sit.

I'd rather schedule my dining time to arrive early enough to get a select seat then have them place me in a reserved seating section.

What's to keep people from reserving a seat, arriving early to select a better one & not scanning in for the reserved section?

It's almost like having traditional dining & deciding to go to the anytime dining room because you want a different time that evening.

I'd rather schedule my dining time to arrive early enough to get a select seat then have them place me in a reserved seating section.

What's to keep people from reserving a seat, arriving early to select a better one & not scanning in for the reserved section? .

1. The only RESERVED section is a small sorta prime area that is sectioned off from the WHOLE area with crewmen in the area making sure only suite/Diamond guest can sit there. Other than that the Reservations you make get you into the venue. You walk up to the door your card is scanned. They can see if you had made reservations for that show or not. If not then you have to wait in line until about 15 minutes before the show. If there is room you are let in. If you had made reservations you are let into the venue and you can pick whatever seat us available except for the small area that has been reserved for suite/Diamond. And even those become available at 15 minutes before the show.

To try and clarify again. You do not reserve a seat. You reserve a show time and all seating is General Admission. With a small section that is further reserved for suite/diamond guest. At 15 minutes before show starts it then just becomes general admission for everyone else who didn't make reservations. On a first come first serve. And if you are a Suite/Diamond guest you can still sit wherever you like if you don't want to sit at the section reserved for your status that is OK to.

Somehow I still prefer the old way of selecting my own seat in any of the lounges on Princess. There are some seats in the smaller lounges that would be my last choice to sit.

What's to keep people from reserving a seat, arriving early to select a better one & not scanning in for the reserved section?

It's almost like having traditional dining & deciding to go to the anytime dining room because you want a different time that evening.

Same on all ships. Select whatever seat you want regardless if it's a ship where reservations are suggested

1. The only RESERVED section is a small sorta prime area that is sectioned off from the WHOLE area with crewmen in the area making sure only suite/Diamond guest can sit there. Other than that the Reservations you make get you into the venue. You walk up to the door your card is scanned. They can see if you had made reservations for that show or not. If not then you have to wait in line until about 15 minutes before the show. If there is room you are let in. If you had made reservations you are let into the venue and you can pick whatever seat us available except for the small area that has been reserved for suite/Diamond. And even those become available at 15 minutes before the show.

To try and clarify again. You do not reserve a seat. You reserve a show time and all seating is General Admission. With a small section that is further reserved for suite/diamond guest. At 15 minutes before show starts it then just becomes general admission for everyone else who didn't make reservations. On a first come first serve. And if you are a Suite/Diamond guest you can still sit wherever you like if you don't want to sit at the section reserved for your status that is OK to.

I didn't realize they scanned everyone.

I agree and that goes for specialty dining too. :)

In my current job, it usually makes sense for us to book things at the last minute (drives my family crazy). The down side to this is anything that can be pre-booked is usually full by the time we can reserve, but we've had 100% success on the standby line and were grateful to be able to catch shows we would have missed if all that was offered was the traditional late or early show.