October 24 Cruise on Enchantment

We will also be on this sailing. Check the roll call boards for our thread, so far there are quite a few that have joined in, hope to see you there. I know you will have a great cruise. Right now I am praying for perfect weather.

We just went on Sept 11th and with the weather changing some days fog can be a factor in the morning. Tours are hard to recommend because it's a lot like recommending your favorite Ice Cream. All of the ports are within easy walking distance to the shops. The cool weather doesn't leave you exhausted like the tropics on a Caribbean cruise so your staying power is good. There isn't a bad port in the bunch. We went to Kenebuckport & Peggy's Cove on two of the stops which was nice.

This ship is a little longer in this class now that they inserted an extra piece in the middle. We have been on 22 other cruises and have never been disappointed. Well once were but that was our fault (I think our 4th or 5th Cruise) we started to compare. Big mistake don't compare or listen to others. It's fun they serve your meals , they cook it and clean up. When you leave port (we sailed out of Boston) leave the world behind.

Do and go to everything from Sunrise till 2 AM. You will have plenty of time to rest up on your next cruise (or the one after that).

One more tip wear your skinny clothes on Sunday and your fat close the end of the week.

The Enchantment heads to the Caribbean in the fall.

Key West, Cozumel, and Belize.

There will be 11 members from my family on it. My parents (both 60), my husband's parents (both 55), my sister & her husband (36 & 41), their children (4 1/2 & 2 1/2), me (33), my husband (30), and our son (16 mos).

We'll be staying on deck 8 junior suites in the new section.

It just all depends on what you like to do. Nobody in our group will be doing any of the same excursions while in port because we all like different things.

As for the 3 of us only:

Key West: Just going to walk around and go to the Kino sandal factory and to a small cigar factory nearby so we can pick up a few cigars.

Cozumel: We're going to a hotel that's at a great part of the reef and is more isolated than the popular ones. We're going to eat lunch in their restaurant. Then we're going to go out to the rocky reef and snorkel to our heart's content.

Belize: We booked an independent tour with Coral Breeze. It goes to 3 separate stops. One is a snorkeling. The next is a shark and stingray. Then it goes to a small island named Caye Caulker where we'll eat lunch and rent a golf cart and drive it around the island.

Those are a few of the many options you have.

Leslie

PS This is for Folgy. We decided not to bring our stroller (just for you)! Instead we'll have our son in a backpack. Nobody will have bruised ankles.:D

Archived