"Dress code" in Blue for dinner

vatofla2009

Same as all other venues on the ship.

This mean no shorts or non designer jeans, (whatever that is :))

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#internationalSailings

"What is the onboard dress code?

For sailings departing December 4, 2015, and beyond, Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated.

Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities are being introduced, and Evening Chic attire is replacing Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

A cocktail dress

Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater

Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves

For sailings departing before December 4, 2015, you will need two types of dress: Smart Casual and Formal.

Formal attire includes:

Women:

Cocktail dress, gown, or dressy pantsuit

Men:

Tuxedo, suit, or dinner jacket with slacks

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves

Specialty Restaurants (Including Luminae for our Suite Class guests and Blu for our AquaClass® Guests) The dress code in Celebrity’s Specialty Restaurants is Smart Casual for every night of your cruise. Evening Chic attire is only required in the main dining room on your formal evenings."

Edited by pete_coach

The dress code is "smart casual" not evening Chic for Blu. Evening Chic only applies to the MDR. Below is the wording from the web site.

Specialty Restaurants (Including Luminae for our Suite Class guests and Blu for our AquaClass® Guests) The dress code in Celebrity’s Specialty Restaurants is Smart Casual for every night of your cruise. Evening Chic attire is only required in the main dining room on your formal evenings."

What people actually wear is up to the individual, you will get a lot of opinions. I have found that much depends on the itinerary.

Yes, the photos that Wallie posted are a good representation. You can wear denim, chinos, skirt, Capri pants and the like. Shirts can be long or short sleeved, button up or polo. I would say to avoid tee shirts and shorts in the evening, although they're fine at breakfast.

Standard evening wear for us in BLU last week on the Equinox.

Tongue firmly in cheek

OH MY GOD!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

White slacks after Labour Day!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

That's as big a fashion faux pas as shorts and a wife beater T!!!!

I hope the Maitre d' made him change before entering.:p

We just returned from the Silhouette where we had an Aqua Class cabin. I can tell you that we saw everything from suits (even on non-formal nights) to slacks and a sport shirt to jeans.

The official dress code is indeed Smart Casual. So Jeans are allowed as long as they are decent. OF course there are some who will never accept jeans in a cruise ship dining room of any type (except the buffet)!

Tongue firmly in cheek

OH MY GOD!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

White slacks after Labour Day!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

That's as big a fashion faux pas as shorts and a wife beater T!!!!

I hope the Maitre d' made him change before entering.:p

And that is ME! The wifester'so dress matched my shirt too.

image.jpg.ce803ac8aa4e0fccda1cb27bc65734fa.jpg

It really is becoming the fashion to wear matching ensembles.

Lord and Lady Winks looked fab too.

I must see what I can do or isn't it allowed in colder climes? Is it a Caribbean thing?

Please say it is ha ha ha:D

Not sure if it is a Caribbean thing or not. When she wears a little black dress, I try and match in a black suit or tux.;)

We bought ours on a whim while touring in St Kitts at the Caribelle Batik store.

We had 20+ from our Roll Call going to Silk Harvest that evening and thought it would be cool to 'twinkie' it. :D