Early savers- are you seeing price drops?

apey9995

Curious if others who are booked have seen many price drops recently. On previous cruises I saw price drops every few weeks, and always had on board credit by the time we sailed. I booked over 6 months ago for a 2016 cruise and have not seen the first price drop, in fact the price has increased since I booked. Just wondering if this was across the board or maybe just this particular sailing?

Edited by apey9995

I received several price drops for the Carnival Pride Journey cruises (cruises are January 2016). Most of these were in August / September 2015 before final payment. Pretty much after final payment, the cruises were sold out (or really close to it where there was such a limited number of cabins) and now at least one of the 2 are completely sold out where I don't anticipate any further drops. Too bad, I was really hoping they'd have a single supplement rate.

Curious if others who are booked have seen many price drops recently. On previous cruises I saw price drops every few weeks, and always had on board credit by the time we sailed. I booked over 6 months ago for a 2016 cruise and have not seen the first price drop, in fact the price has increased since I booked. Just wondering if this was across the board or maybe just this particular sailing?

We booked last January for our January 2016 B2B on Glory. There have been no price drops at all. I did receive an extra $100 OBC on each of them when I priced matched in May for Military Appreciation Month. Price remained the same, but we got the OBC. Prices right now are several hundred dollars higher, partly due to our category being sold out.

Our category may open up as people accept "upsells". We've been offered an "upsell" but turned it down and we want to stay exactly where we chose.

I have not had any drops for any of my upcoming cruises so far. I figure since we booked a Havana room for our Vista B2B that won't see any drops. I am hoping that my Sunshine and Magic cruises will get some though, those are both interior rooms. As for the Pride, I figure that since it is a Journeys cruise and I booked it a week or so after they released it I probably got the lowest price.

We booked over a year out for a 2016 cruise. We saw a price drop or two at first, early on, but no. Not now. It's partially because of the cabin we have, I think some in our group are seeing price drops occasionally spending on the sale going on, but it's one of those deals that if they do the price drops they have to surrender their cabin or their obc. We are booked in an aft extended view balcony, so ours have been sold out for quite some time. But, someone recently cancelled and now one is available for booking, but they are more expensive than what we paid. I don't expect to get anything between now and sailing. We sail January 16, 2016.