Pre-paid soda card questions, milkshakes?

twindaddy

Hello all,

Somewhat new to Princess, only one under my belt. I paid for the soda package in advance to get it out of the way, I assume the sticker will already be on my card when I check in? I liked Royal, it was printed on the card when you paid in advance. I guess it does not take much to make me happy but that made my cruise card look cooler, INMHO, than a sticker (yes, yes, I am a simpleton)

What about the tumbler? Will it be in my cabin when I board? I never use it on the ship but I like drinking out of it at home, reminds me of my cruises.

Any recent experiences will milkshakes still being available, I see they took it out of the description. Sailing the Grand in about two weeks

Thanks!

Recently got off the Star, having prepaid for the "Unlimited Soda" package. (FYI, this package is available ONLY by prepurchase online; you can't get it on the ship....grrrr....) We had stickers on our cards when we checked in, and Coke tumblers in our cabin.

The "Unlimited Soda and More" package can be bought in advance, or on the ship. If purchased in advance, you will have the sticker on your card at check-in, and will have the tumbler in your cabin.

Just home off Diamond. Bought soda and more first day ($7 a day) included gun soda, micktails and shakes. Had a few of each, well maybe a few hundred diet cokes, maybe 10 to 20 virgin cocktails (try the noJito made withPineapple rather than Grapefruit) and Piña Colodas and about 20 malted shakes, for me great value.

Edited by GUT2407

Recently, milkshakes have been deleted from the description of what is included. I didn't know where to get them, probably by the ice cream.

27926-profile.png

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F11%2F2016&dest=M&ship=ISMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/11/2016 aboard the Carnival Inspiration! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises

I cruise for Creme brulee, chocolate melting cake and lobster!

Recently, milkshakes have been deleted from the description of what is included. I didn't know where to get them, probably by the ice cream.

27926-profile.png

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F11%2F2016&dest=M&ship=ISMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/11/2016 aboard the Carnival Inspiration! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises

I cruise for Creme brulee, chocolate melting cake and lobster!

We got home from Diamond 9 days ago and got them at swirls.

$7/day? Isn't a mocktail $4 or $6 anyways? Man, I would clean house with that package.

So did I.

I paid $231

Minimum I went through $675 in drinks.

Micktails were $5, shakes $2.75, soft drinks $2.25

Day 10 I calculated I had broken even, still had 23 days to go.

The big plus was that having the sticker the bars were happy to fill a big cup rather than the standard glass, it just saved getting refills as often.

(FYI, this package is available ONLY by prepurchase online; you can't get it on the ship....grrrr....).

Is this a general change? Has anyone else seen this?

When I was on Ruby, they really, really tried to upsell to the UKP.

The harder they tried the more annoyed I got.

Complained to the bar manager 'Anna Muscovich', who was useless,

and made the situation worse.

Complained to the food and beverage manager about the useless

bar manager. He politely didn't care.

Excellent job princess, annoy the passenger over a dollar-a-day difference.

So did I.

I paid $231

Minimum I went through $675 in drinks.

Micktails were $5, shakes $2.75, soft drinks $2.25

Day 10 I calculated I had broken even, still had 23 days to go.

The big plus was that having the sticker the bars were happy to fill a big cup rather than the standard glass, it just saved getting refills as often.

THANK YOU for that tip. I have a 450ml (15oz) plastic microwave soup mug with a clip-on lid which I intend to take with me, will be useful. I'll test the cocktails in a regular glass, any I want to take back to the Suite, I will ask for in this cup, "So I can clip the lid on and carry it safely."

I came in from making another cruise payment, logged in on another website to be greeted by the news that a friend battling cancer had lost their battle. As far as I can judge by the time mentioned, I was actually with the TA making the fortnightly payment. They've just returned from a trip to Europe, so it seems fitting somehow that's where I was when they passed away.

Info. noted on the Cruise Notepad #2, the next one's been bought and is ready for service if needed. I can always learn new tricks from the more experienced cruisers!

Just home off Diamond. Bought soda and more first day ($7 a day) included gun soda, micktails and shakes. Had a few of each, well maybe a few hundred diet cokes, maybe 10 to 20 virgin cocktails (try the noJito made withPineapple rather than Grapefruit) and Piña Colodas and about 20 malted shakes, for me great value.

We must be twins, that is pretty much exactly how I plan to use it. I have a small diet coke addiction, and I will plow through some virgin drinks too. I have been known to stick to a certain bartender by the pool and tip them a few times during the cruise, keeps the drinks flowing since they know you have the card.

Thanks everyone for the info. Keeping my fingers crossed the Grand will still have the milkshakes in a few weeks.