Teppanyaki on the Escape

T400PSY

I'm curious about Teppanyaki...this may seem like an odd question, but do you end up smelling like grease and oil after you leave?

We have a Japanese restaurant by us called Ron of Japan and the food is fantastic, but they don't put on a "show" while they cook. Ron of Japan has the same type of flat top cook tables and communal seating like Teppanyaki. Only downside about dining there is the Mrs. hates smelling like oil/grease after eating there (I know first world problems). Because of this we have not dined at Teppanyaki, although I would like to try it.

One last question: from the "show" stand point would you say that it is similar to the Benihana?

Edited by Zena2005

I'm curious about Teppanyaki...this may seem like an odd question, but do you end up smelling like grease and oil after you leave?
Yes, you do, so plan your outfit accordingly.

The show involves twirling the spatula around their finger, spinning eggs while singing "Rollin' on the River", tossing the eggs up into their hat and then pulling a wind-up chick out of the hat, making a design on the grill with the scrambled eggs, cooking a giant mountain of fried rice and then shaping it to say "I ♥︎ U" for the honeymooners/anniversary couples at the table, making steam volcanoes out of onion rings. If they are not getting any response they will tone it down and just cook. If the audience is really enthusiastic maybe they will do more stuff, throw food at your mouth, etc. but thankfully I have never actually witnessed that. :)

Yes, you do, so plan your outfit accordingly.

The show involves twirling the spatula around their finger, spinning eggs while singing "Rollin' on the River", tossing the eggs up into their hat and then pulling a wind-up chick out of the hat, making a design on the grill with the scrambled eggs, cooking a giant mountain of fried rice and then shaping it to say "I ♥︎ U" for the honeymooners/anniversary couples at the table, making steam volcanoes out of onion rings. If they are not getting any response they will tone it down and just cook. If the audience is really enthusiastic maybe they will do more stuff, throw food at your mouth, etc. but thankfully I have never actually witnessed that. :)

Hawkeyetsle,

Thank you for your detailed description. I kind of figured as much but wanted to hear it from those who dined there. I'm all for going so hopefully I can convince my better half.