I Find it AMAZING

79 5,837 Negative

38 1,866 Postive

I find it AMAZING that there are soooooooooo many more people reading and replying to the negative reviews than the positive ones. What does this say about people?

I keep reading the "member" reviews, as they are posted. 47 percent "liked" this cruise. Has anyone else read them?

A very LARGE amount of them are from non CC members. They "just" joined the day they posted.

I keep reading over and over again....

"AND EVERYONE SAYS SO" "AND EVERYONE HATED IT" "AND EVERYONE THOUGHT SO"..... Really????

These are the reviews that I do NOT, nor will I ever believe. When a review is ALL negative, I also do not believe them.

I just read on another thread.....I live in NJ and will NEVER go on the Anthem after reading all the reviews. Again....really? Do other people really influence you that much? I have read from many posters saying "best ship ever". So why wouldn't you listen to those people?

Every NEW ship, no matter which cruise line, has the same complaints. Remember the Oasis???? The Allure???? BEST SHIPS EVER.

Ok......finished venting. Lol

79 5,837 Negative

38 1,866 Postive

I find it AMAZING that there are soooooooooo many more people reading and replying to the negative reviews than the positive ones. What does this say about people?

I keep reading the "member" reviews, as they are posted. 47 percent "liked" this cruise. Has anyone else read them?

A very LARGE amount of them are from non CC members. They "just" joined the day they posted.

I keep reading over and over again....

"AND EVERYONE SAYS SO" "AND EVERYONE HATED IT" "AND EVERYONE THOUGHT SO"..... Really????

These are the reviews that I do NOT, nor will I ever believe. When a review is ALL negative, I also do not believe them.

I just read on another thread.....I live in NJ and will NEVER go on the Anthem after reading all the reviews. Again....really? Do other people really influence you that much? I have read from many posters saying "best ship ever". So why wouldn't you listen to those people?

Every NEW ship, no matter which cruise line, has the same complaints. Remember the Oasis???? The Allure???? BEST SHIPS EVER.

Ok......finished venting. Lol

I agree with you, not all folks can think for themselves!.....:)

Reviews are an important part of travel. I don't take them as gospel and I know which ones to weed out based on my own needs and criteria. But, if I am spending $1000s on a vacation and I see a series of negative reviews reflecting aspects that are important to me, yes, reviews might help me decide not to sail a certain ship or go to a certain hotel.

I do think it is hysterical that my mostly positive "sister" review "Just Off Anthem and I wouldn't hesitate to book 3 more cruises on her" has far less traffic than the negatively titled "just off Anthem and canceled my next 3 cruises on her". Frankly, I think mine is way more detailed and full of much more useful info so go figure!

Edited by conandrob240

Reviews are an important part of travel. I don't take them as gospel and I know which ones to weed out based on my own needs and criteria. But, if I am spending $1000s on a vacation and I see a series of negative reviews reflecting aspects that are important to me, yes, reviews might help me decide not to sail a certain ship or go to a certain hotel.

I do think it is hysterical that my mostly positive "sister" review "Just Off Anthem and I wouldn't hesitate to book 3 more cruises on her" has far less traffic than the negatively titled "just off Anthem and canceled my next 3 cruises on her". Frankly, I think mine is way more detailed and full of much more useful info so go figure!

100% agree with you. I noticed your review was not getting as many hits as the negative one as well and yes yours has a lot more detailed info in it. Thanks for it by the way. Personally I do read more of the negative reviews to see what it is others are not liking to see if it would impact me, but do read the positive ones as well. Of course, we do live in the world where it is easier to complain and once a negative comment is out there all the others pile on "see I knew it".

We sailed on Quantum in her early days here and while the ship is gorgeous it is not the typical Royal experience. I think a lot of "tried and true" Royal advocates just don't like it because its not what they know and love. Yes, there are issues to get ironed out, most of which should have been by now though, but there is a lot to love about this class of ship as well. It is not for all but a great option for some.

Booked on Anthem next year and looking forward to it. I will take into account all that I have read and adjust my trip appropriately.

Your correct! Seems if your review is very positive, there's not much drama in it, not as much interest, who knows?....K.O.:)

I am an adult. I prefer to form my own opinion. What one person finds totally unacceptable, the next person may not give it a 2nd thought. Example; we just did 10 nights on LOS, returned on 11/01. There were 9 of us. Not once did anyone state their food was bad yet I have sat and read people stating "their" food on the Liberty recently was awful? I put little to no credit in what people say. One man's trash is another man's treasure. ;) Life is too short not to take chances.

I am an adult. I prefer to form my own opinion. What one person finds totally unacceptable, the next person may not give it a 2nd thought. Example; we just did 10 nights on LOS, returned on 11/01. There were 9 of us. Not once did anyone state their food was bad yet I have sat and read people stating "their" food on the Liberty recently was awful? I put little to no credit in what people say. One man's trash is another man's treasure. ;) Life is too short not to take chances.

We were on that LOS cruise also, I am sorry but our food in the MDR at dinner was overall not good and service was just average. Two evenings I could not even eat my entree and by that time it was so late I didn't want to wait for another one. Out of 10 nights I had 2 good entrees, 2 bad entrees and the others were forgettable. There were not many desserts I enjoyed either in the MDR. I thought our food on Explorer in March 2014 was much better and remembered loving some of the chocolate desserts. Not on this cruise.

We were on that LOS cruise also, I am sorry but our food in the MDR at dinner was overall not good and service was just average. Two evenings I could not even eat my entree and by that time it was so late I didn't want to wait for another one. Out of 10 nights I had 2 good entrees, 2 bad entrees and the others were forgettable. There were not many desserts I enjoyed either in the MDR. I thought our food on Explorer in March 2014 was much better and remembered loving some of the chocolate desserts. Not on this cruise.

We were on the LOS 12 night repo after you, and our experiences in the MDR were similar to yours. We did like the larger size ship compared to the Explorer.

I need to frame this post!....K.O....:)