Carnival Triumph – Aft Corner OV Cabin 2456

Colsen0924

I’ve seen queries on this cabin so I thought I share my experience. Here’s a quick rundown of my and my husband’s opinion of cabin 2456.

Brief background: traveled with hubby, both in our early 50’s and neither of us are fussy about cruise cabins. We’re just happy to be on a cruise. I sleep like the dead while hubby is a light sleeper. Neither of us gets motion sick. We generally find engine type noise to be equivalent to white noise and therefore, it doesn’t usually affect our sleep. We have a travel trailer with a geni and sleep fine with it running. All of which led us to choosing this cabin knowing its location on the ship would have engine noise and ship movement. We took a 4 day cruise from Galveston to Cozumel and back over Thanksgiving.

The seas were extremely rough heading over to Cozumel. The first night of the cruise, the engine noise was loud in our cabin and we could feel a noticeable vibration (like rattling everything in the cabin including our teeth type of vibration). The cabin was also a bit warm for us. As you can guess, lots of movement could also be felt but that was true on the entire ship. On the return trip to Galveston, seas were calm and engine noise was greatly reduced with no noticeable vibration. The cabin became warmer each day and the last night was uncomfortable enough to affect our sleep. The cabin steward was responsive to our comments regarding the warm temperature of the cabin and did all he could to cool it down. He even brought us a fan without us specifically asking for a fan. We appreciated his attempts to make the cabin temp more comfortable for us. The size of the cabin is roomy with a really great layout that makes it easy for two people to move around without getting into each other’s way. We had friends in our cabin for a short visit and there was plenty space to sit and visit comfortably. The bed is under the window so in order to enjoy the ocean view, you have to sit on the bed facing the pillow end which was kinda awkward. There are 3 closets (2 with clothes rods and 1 with shelving) and a set of three drawers next to the dressing table. There is a large medicine cabinet in the bath. Overall, there is tons of storage space for clothes, toiletries and luggage. The location is convenient to the Paris dining room. We also didn’t hear any hall noise.

Overall, not a bad cabin, especially on calm sea days.

I recently had cabin 2444 for 21 days and I can also attest to shaking and rattling. It seems when the captain had pedal to the metal is when there was the most vibration and noise. When the speed was slower, the noise and vibration was almost non existent.

It never really bothered me. I take ear plugs, so that helped the noise. Sometimes in the morning when I would wake up, I would have to push the bed (single) back into place.

As a solo cruiser, I wouldn't hesitate to book this special 1a again. My friends were amazed at the amount of room I had and 2 picture windows also.