Cool towels and water only at St. Maarten

MADflyer

It is interesting to notice the small details that the cruise lines do to differentiate themselves at ports around the world.

On a recent call at St. Maarten, I noticed both Liberty and Jewel were offering cool towels and a water station was set up for return to the ship at Philipsburg, St. Maarten.

When I asked the Liberty staff if this was something new, they stated that Liberty was only offering this at the port of Philipsburg, St. Maarten.

I know Princess tend to always have cool towels upon return to their ships and have done so for quite some time at most ports.

Later in the cruise I noticed that all 3 ships in port at Grand Cayman had handled the tender waiting area differently, with Liberty having pre-poured cups of water and 'juice', Celebrity having 4 drinks in silver and glass serving containers (more upscale) and then NCL having an area with a band for entertainment while waiting/boarding the tender.

Has anyone else noticed specific ships or port specific features that RCI are doing to position themselves in relation the other lines or ships?

In September, the Adventure offered cool towels and a water station at every port (St. Croix, St. Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados). You could also check out and return towels on the dock, making it very convenient.

Ok., So far it is the two San Juan home ported ships that are offering this on a regular basis.

I guess with Jewel in port at St. Maarten, Liberty would have looked bad if they did not do the same service.

Ok. So now it sounds like they have taken the cool towel and water station to all port on the Caribbean sailings for Radiance Class.

Interesting that Liberty only had the feature planned for 1 of our 5 ports on the repo sailing to Galveston. It seems it must have been because they knew Jewel would be doing it just across the pier.

Guest maddycat

Maybe it's the influence of the new Royal CEO who came to Royal from Celebrity. Celebrity has been serving drinks and handing out cool towels to returning passengers for years.