Has anyone rented a scooter on Anitgua...Thoughts?

mosaic45

Family of three here. We will be in Antigua in Dec/05 My son is of legal age but my daughter is 17. Has anyone done this. I wanted to know if I could fit my daughter on the back of my scooter? Do they go very fast? could I visit a lot of places within a 7am to 4pm time frame.

Thanks for the feedback,

Cori

We will be on Antigua Nov. 29th and thought about doing this also- no kids. We have rented scooters in Key West w/kids (16 yrs old and up) and had a blast.

However, we were told that this island altho small is not really a good place to do this. Hilly, curvy and drive on the left. So even tho it is only 11 miles wide and 14 miles long - we opted to rent a Suzuki Grand Vitara 4 door auto/air hardtop for $55.25 for the day. Unltd. mileage but you have to purchase a temporary Antiguan drivers license for $20.00 (makes a good souvenir !)

If you really want to look into it try www.antiguanice.com Click on "Getting Around" and then scroll down to Chekes - its a scooter rental place. I believe it was like $55.00 for the day for one !

Have fun :)

Archived