Princess cays shore fishing

plunker

We have just returned and did the surf fishing as an excursion with princess. It was $39 per person. It's for 2hrs and we enjoyed it very much. They give you your rod all set up and a bucket with pre cut squid in it. There are guys who sit on the shore and take your fish off for you to return them to the water.

Thanks for your help. Did you set it up beforehand or can you just go there and fish in case our son changes his mind? I read a review that its very rocky and they kept getting snagged and to bring a bobber along to avoid that. Did you have problems with snags? Thanks again.

Joe had booked with princess before we went but I only booked to join him a few days before we got to princess cays, when we were half way through our cruise.

The rods were set up for the right number of us doing the trip, I don't know how many other rods they have for people just walking along to do the fishing. It might be they only do it for those booked as the whole place is run by princess cruises.

Snagging, I got snagged once as I was not getting it out far enough, the guy came and got it off easily. It's rocky in some places and you are standing in the water just out from the shore, it's coral rock so wear water shoes. It shelves out gently, I was waist deep in the end and quite safe. Just watch for the seventh wave, as there a bit bigger. But really you can stand on the shore and not enter the water, it's just better to be in it and get the bait out further to get the bigger fish.

Edited by buchananglasgow