Star Returning Early to Tampa Again 12/6/15

genman36

Currently on the Star. The captain just announced we are returning to Tampa early and due to be docked about midnight tonight instead of early in the AM. He said maintenance to the ships propulsion system would commence again after docking. He said they have to reinstall some parts that were removed last week and check the areas that were previously repaired. Dembarkation is still scheduled for the regular time on Sunday morning.

We are currently sailing North at 23 knots. The cruise has been great so far. No complaints. Due to our delayed departure last week and the revised itinerary, we got more time in Roatan which was good. Weather has been good in every port. Yesterday there was a morning shower, but it cleared and was a great day.

Service has been wonderful. No complaints at all. Food great in all venues. Drinks good. The entire staff has been fantastic.

Currently on the Star. The captain just announced we are returning to Tampa early and due to be docked about midnight tonight instead of early in the AM. He said maintenance to the ships propulsion system would commence again after docking. He said they have to reinstall some parts that were removed last week and check the areas that were previously repaired. Dembarkation is still scheduled for the regular time on Sunday morning.

We are currently sailing North at 23 knots. The cruise has been great so far. No complaints. Due to our delayed departure last week and the revised itinerary, we got more time in Roatan which was good. Weather has been good in every port. Yesterday there was a morning shower, but it cleared and was a great day.

Service has been wonderful. No complaints at all. Food great in all venues. Drinks good. The entire staff has been fantastic.

Nice to hear that you have enjoyed your cruise even though there have been some unexpected "changes". A positive mindset means everything, especially when it comes to things that you can do nothing about... :)

Great to hear the cruise was great, we leave on her next week on the 13th. If you know, could you please give me the names of the Staff Captain, Chief engineer, Cruise Director and Latitutes club host. I am pretty sure the name of the Capt is Mattias Andersson. Thanks so much for any help you might give. Have a safe trip home.

Looking forward to our January 10th departure. While I hope this will be fixed for good, we are prepared for late departure/early docking. DH says as long as the bars stay open, he's good, lol. Good to hear you had a wonderful time [emoji41].

We were on board as well and had a wonderful time. Food, service, weather were all fantastic. I was an little panicked when our itinerary changed but we managed to change our reservations before leaving port with no difficulty. I'd happily sail the Star again!

Just finished unpacking at home in NJ. Great trip!

Sorry I did not note the names of the staff a poster above asked about, the captain was Mattias ?. We never saw him the entire week. We missed the suite and platinum cocktail gatherings. The cruise director Ian was great, he was funny, witty, entertaining and visible for the entire cruise.

The shows were shceduled for 7 & 9 pm. We generally ate in specialty restaurants every nite and booked our reservations at 7pm every night and easily made the 9pm shows. The food and service was great, never had a bad meal.

We love the Dawn class ships. It's a different experience than the mega ships they are producing these days. We would highly recommend sailing the Star or any Dawn class ship.

Great to hear the cruise was great, we leave on her next week on the 13th. If you know, could you please give me the names of the Staff Captain, Chief engineer, Cruise Director and Latitutes club host. I am pretty sure the name of the Capt is Mattias Andersson. Thanks so much for any help you might give. Have a safe trip home.

Captain is Mattias Andersson, cruise director is Ian Bagshaw, not sure about the latitudes rewards, my invitation came from the next cruise team of Jennifer and Murat. Hotel director is Ignacio Garcia. Guest service Manager Irma Reyes.

We had a gathering with cruise critic members, around 40 of us showed up and had a nice welcome from representives of the various departments. Captain was unable to join us because he'd been involved with the repairs and getting us out of port on the 30th.

Cruise was really great, in spite of leaving late and coming back a little early. Food was really terrific, with a lot of free spots for both lunch and dinner. We ate twice at the specialty restaurants, but would advise you check out the free restaurant menu's before making a reservation or you might miss out something special. No problem getting reservation at the specialty restaurants at the times we wanted.

We had the free drinks (UBP) and had no problems getting served, there was no surly bartenders or service. Staff was very friendly and seemed to really like their jobs and the people they worked with. Also were very serious and professional during the lifeboat and the abandon ship drills.

Have fun on your cruise, wish I was able to go too!

Thank you bbeachgal and genman for the information you posted. Sounds like all is well again on the STAR and you both had great cruises. We are so excited to be going, only 6 days left. BTW, any recommendations on the specialty restaurants? We have the package and wonder if you liked one better than the other? We are going to try all of them.