Roll Call: Star Princess 9/22/06

njfredd

Hi all! We just booked the Star Princess Transatlantic cruise from Copenhagen to NYC, sailing 9/22/06. We are a GM couple celebrating our 20th anniversary in 2006. :o This will be our first cruise venture on our own (we have done a couple of RSVP and Pied Piper cuises several years back). Any other family or gay friendly folks planning to go on this cruise?

Hi Njfredd,

My partner & I sailed on the Star Princess in late August from/to Copenhagen on their Baltic Capitols cruise. It was my first cruise. I was apprehensive about the huge number of passengers on such a large ship, fearing we would become part of "the herd", to be sheparded around. It was not so. Every experience was pleasant. The ship is so large that one can find himself alone quite easily if preferred. We especially enjoyed Skywalkers, the large bar / disco far aft and above all other decks. The staff were very gay friendly. When we met our cabin steward, he did a double take when he realized that we had intentionally reserved a king bed. However, he happily fulfilled our every request. He even shined my shoes for me, only informing me that there is no shoe-shine service on board AFTER he returned my shoes to me. Also, all of the cruise staff were very hospitable and approachable. We met several of the entertainers (great big shows, by the way) on shore excursions, who were genuinely (sp?) glad to meet us, I think. Have a great cruise!

• 6 months later...
Hi all! We just booked the Star Princess Transatlantic cruise from Copenhagen to NYC, sailing 9/22/06. We are a GM couple celebrating our 20th anniversary in 2006. :o This will be our first cruise venture on our own (we have done a couple of RSVP and Pied Piper cuises several years back). Any other family or gay friendly folks planning to go on this cruise?

We thought that we might "bump" our previous post, to see if anyone else has booked on the Star Princess Transatlantic cruise from Copenhagen to NYC embarking 9/22/06.

Archived