? British Colonial Hilton Ocean nice as Cable?--Scubagirrl Help please.

firstimer2

Cable Beach is a mile or more stretch of beach, warm calm waters and you can walk out in several places depending on the tide. It's crystal clear and the beach is gorgeous.

BCH has a tiny strip of beach, which is on the harbour. White sand, crystal clear waters and you can walk out quite a distance. Some people don't like the fact that it is in the harbour, boats coming and going 100 meters away. Cruiseships at berth etc.

For me.. I love this place. It's calm, serene and inviting. Others are freaked out that they are near the boats and working harbor.

I've never seen oil or debris from the boats, never smelled the diesel or anything else in the area.

If you have any concerns, take the #10 bus to cable beach and relax. BCH is $15 pp and very quiet. Some love it, some don't.

Scubagirrl,

I am considering going to BCH in December during our 4-5 hour stay off the Glory. Do I need to make reservations in advanced or just go up to the front desk to pay to use the beach?

Do you have directions to get there or do I need to grab a cab? Thank you for you help!

Scubagirrl,

I am considering going to BCH in December during our 4-5 hour stay off the Glory. Do I need to make reservations in advanced or just go up to the front desk to pay to use the beach?

Do you have directions to get there or do I need to grab a cab? Thank you for you help!

No need for a reservation, just go to the front desk.

The BCH is very easy to get to (you'll spot it from the ship) Just follow the wharf towards Senor Frogs and the Straw Market - Senor Frogs is actually part of the BCH complex. When you get to Frogs, make a left and follow it around to the front entrance. You can't miss it, it's just 3-4 blocks from the ship, along the wharf.

Ok thanks!

Does the 15 pp cover a chair to layout on?

Yes, it covers chaise loungers (padded by the pool) Umbrellas poolside, palapas on the beach, towel service, kayak or paddle boats (whichever they have when you go)

The BCH is a very quiet retreat, no conga lines, bingo at the pool etc. Most folks are just lying out in the sun or reading. There's a local band at the pool on the weekends at lunchtime.

We went to the British Colonial Hilton in March when we were on the Fantasy. It was very nice. They also have service from their open air restaurant on the beach as well as at the pool. The Conch Fritters were yummy. I have some cool pictures of the beach and pool area if you'd like me to email them to you.

We're going back to Nassau on the Majesty in December. We want to see a little more of Nassau this time. We've been there twice now and haven't ventured much further than the general area near the ships as far as the land portion goes. Mostly we've been there and in the water either snorkeling or swimming with dolphins. But if we have some extra time in the afternoon, we could very well end up back at the BCH. I loved watching the ships come in too. It didn't bother us a bit. The water quality was fine and it wasn't noisy. The band would have probably drowned it out if it were. They were a good band too. They played a lot of popular, beachy music.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived