Carnival Weirdness...

Taters

Looks like Carnival new more then the people on here. chances are they were waiting to see if this peer would work for them. Slag Carnival and get people upset when you don't have all the information. Thats what sucks about this site.

Looks like Carnival new more then the people on here. chances are they were waiting to see if this peer would work for them. Slag Carnival and get people upset when you don't have all the information. Thats what sucks about this site.

I respectfully disagree. If it weren't for C.C., OP's thread, and all the info that has been posted here in the replies, most likely this serious issue would have been kept under wraps.

Did it ever occur to you that just maybe, because of this thread, Carnival Corporation's legal department was notified of the problem, eh?

I checked with my contact at the dive shop. He said the work started two days ago and was a last-minute authorization from the governor. I highly doubt Carnival was in the loop on that.

He will let me know if they will be accepting cruise ships when it's done.

I checked with my contact at the dive shop. He said the work started two days ago and was a last-minute authorization from the governor. I highly doubt Carnival was in the loop on that.

:eek: Omg you guys! I really <3 you but..Please WAKE UP! You're scaring me! I'm pulling my hair out of my head over here!

*deep breath and exhale..Okay! Lets just hope they have enough time to get this mess cleaned up, and your "Journey's cruise" is not just fun, but "GLORIOUS"!

Carnival would be more in the loop then your dive shop guy. You don't think they are in touch with the governments on the islands they port. Especially when there is a problem docking. They want Carnival to show up its big revenue for them and they will be communicating with all the cruise lines that stop there.

I highly doubt that in this case. This was very last minute and it's being done for the holidays. The ability for a cruise ship to come in is secondary. My dive shop guy has been checking with the harbor master who is THE person who will know what is going on.

Also, last time I checked, Mexico is not an island.

Edited by Laurie S.

I didn't say Mexico was a island. I see that you know more then Carnival. You should get in touch with their CEO and enlighten them to the fact that they do not communicate with the ports that they visit and that a dive shop person knows more then they do about port conditions. Also give them the number for the dive shop so they can get updated and tell them to call the harbor master, I sure Carnival has not talk with him since the docks were damage.

C..................... You don't think they are in touch with the governments on the islands they port.............

I didn't say Mexico was a island. ......................

That's the odd thing about most West Coast cruises. If we really had to we can drive home from almost any port. Heck, Ensenada is only four hours from home w/o border traffic. Catalina and Hawaii are the only island ports.

We can almost always pick out the Caribbean cruisers. They're turning green when the experienced West Coast cruisers feel nothing.

It's quite possible Carnival knows what's going on, but they aren't keeping us in the loop. We can only get info, at this time, from a local dive shop.

Edited by SadieN

Still no response to the latest inquiry I sent to Carnival.

BTW, of course, Carnival is aware of what is happening at Zihuatanejo now. They monitor these boards. ;)

You think Carnival gets there information from these boards. i sure as hell hope they don't. They have to be smarter then that to take infrmation from here based on there ship heading to a port or not. Think about that there more bull on here and stuff thats not true. Gee and maybe they did call the dive shop to get the real scoop on whats happening.

I just found this thread. I'm cracking up. Hello fellow Journey's cruisers!

I am certainly hoping they fix the pier in time for us, but safety first; I just hope any quick fix they cobble together is sturdy enough!

We can almost always pick out the Caribbean cruisers. They're turning green when the experienced West Coast cruisers feel nothing.

I am not liking this line. I better buy large quantities of Bonine.

I do want to add one thing. It sure wasn't just those of us on our roll call thread who would at least be questioning this, because a lot of people book shore excursions ahead of time, and for months, the ShoreEx page for Zihua has said....nothing! That would make anyone looking there suspicious as to what is going on with the port.

Should be a poll.

1. Yes, will miss it, and Carnival knew was not possible the entire time! :mad:

2. Yes, will miss it, and Carnival was trying for a late-minute miracle. :)

3. No, will not miss it, and OP was obviously calling Chicken Little Dive Co. :rolleyes:

4. No will not miss it, and Carnival pulls bigger strings than we thought. :eek:

John H on his page today!! They were hoping for repairs to be made to dock but as that will not happen by time Miracle arrives They have changed it to a Fun Day at sea. It would appear that Carnival have know the situation for many months. But who knows A sea day is better than being in the snow that I am looking at right now

Just got back from Hawaii cruise with 9 sea days. Loved every one of them.

Boring, boring, boring. We want ports, it's why we cruise. We live 100 feet from the ocean, sea days are nothing for us. Thought we would go crazy with the seven sea days on the repositioning cruise last year.

Boring, boring, boring. We want ports, it's why we cruise. We live 100 feet from the ocean, sea days are nothing for us. Thought we would go crazy with the seven sea days on the repositioning cruise last year.

At least you're coming to your opinion honestly. Too many in life say they hate this or that and never experience it. (Exception of course are phobias).

Edited by SadieN

Of course, I'm being honest. The additional reason is that my husband, despite being a scuba instructor for more than 40 years, gets deathly seasick. He will be miserable for another day, and that makes me miserable. Oh well, we'll stock up on more dramamine. He's fine once he hits the water and we're diving, but we won't be doing that in Zihuatanejo as planned. :(