Irons

Inginegirl

Hi Everyone,

Three weeks from today till we sail, and I can't find anywhere that is says that the cabins have a Iron, what does everyone do

bring there own? I know there are a few Laundry rooms around but if someone is using the irons there you have to wait in line..

What do you all do?? We are staying in the Penthouse Suite, anyone know if they have one ?

Thanks.......... :)

Sorry....irons are not allowed (fire hazard). I use a travel steamer.

I've read about Downey Wrinkle Release....people say it works great!

I stayed in a Cat 12 on Elation...no iron in there. I doubt they have irons in any rooms on any of the ships....someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Otherwise, just use the iron in the laundry room. I've really never seen a line, although some say it's crowded on formal nights.

Enjoy your cruise!!

They have self service laundry rooms on some of the decks that have an iron and ironing board. Just make sure to get there early if you want to use them. Formal night is the busiest time. I have used them and they work fine.

Cindy

I saw a hint from someone, don't remember who or where concerning ironing. They stated that if you wait till just before formal dinners, etc that there would be a wait for the irons. If you take the time to iron the few things you need after you unpack and then you would save time. Hang them in the closet and you are done. ;)

Thanks everyone for the replies..Can't stand the thought of waiting in line, in a hot sweaty Laundry room while on vacation..lol....but never gave the fire hazard

rule a thought. Well I will try to find if travel steamer someplace, and the downey, if not I guess I will hit the laundry room about 1 AM and iron everything then..:eek: Maybe bring a Margarita with me...:rolleyes: Thanks again !!

You might want to read your Welcome Aboard booklet that came with your cruise documents. There are two places in there that say no irons or candles allowed in cabins due to fire hazards. There's also a lot of other information in that little booklet that would probably benefit you. (And yes, Downey Wrinkle Release works beautifully.) Enjoy your cruise.

Hi Everyone,

Three weeks from today till we sail, and I can't find anywhere that is says that the cabins have a Iron, what does everyone do

bring there own? I know there are a few Laundry rooms around but if someone is using the irons there you have to wait in line..

What do you all do?? We are staying in the Penthouse Suite, anyone know if they have one ?

Thanks.......... :)

Irons are NOT allowed.

Penthouse Suite?

Irons are NOT allowed.

Penthouse Suite?

Could be the elusive "Arinson" suite...if so, it has no iron.

I stayed in one on the Ecstasy last March. I wore my go-go boots and watched DVDs of Miami Vice...but I didn't iron.

Yeah, that is what Carnival calls Cat 12s

Hmmmm....seems to me one fortunate enough to be able to afford these digs could shell out a few bucks to have this done.

I stayed in one on the Ecstasy last March. I wore my go-go boots and watched DVDs of Miami Vice...but I didn't iron.

I don't believe you:p

I didn't know that you weren't supposed to bring an iron on my first cruise a few years back. It was a small travel iron and worked fine. We were first time cruisers and left in in plane sight and nobody said anything or took it. Basically, If you did bring one (especially one with an auto shut off), I'm sure it'd be fine. Someone will flame me for telling you this, but if you consider yourself a responsible person....you should be able to handle an iron. That being said...I am looking at finding a travel steamer before I go on my next cruise. Between the wrinkle reducer and the steamer I should be fine....I just think some people bring irons on and don't say anything on these boards since they don't want to get lectured to.

I didn't know that you weren't supposed to bring an iron on my first cruise a few years back. It was a small travel iron and worked fine. We were first time cruisers and left in in plane sight and nobody said anything or took it. Basically, If you did bring one (especially one with an auto shut off), I'm sure it'd be fine. Someone will flame me for telling you this, but if you consider yourself a responsible person....you should be able to handle an iron. That being said...I am looking at finding a travel steamer before I go on my next cruise. Between the wrinkle reducer and the steamer I should be fine....I just think some people bring irons on and don't say anything on these boards since they don't want to get lectured to.

Irons aren't just fire hazards because they get hot. Irons are fire hazards because of the sheer massive amount of electricity it takes for them to get hot, when plugged into a small outlet on a cruise ship designed to run an electric razor.

*slams head on desk*

Just go to the laundry room.

My husband and I are early birds, we would iron first thing in the morning, and never had to wait, that was about 6am, we would eat breakfast and come back to the cabin and take a nap.

You shouldn't have to wait too long for the use of the iron. As another poster suggested.....don't go right before dinner on formal night. I like the idea of bringing a Margarita to the laundry room! I would go probably the first night later in the evening. Just don't burn your clothes after you've been partying that first day!:eek:

We didn't realize that we needed to iron one of our skirts until about 30 minutes before dinner on formal night. But there was one man in front of me at the iron and I waited maybe 30 seconds for him, the laundry room was very nice too, I was surprised to see. I expected it to be like the college dorm laundry rooms. And Downey Wrinkle release works exceptionally well. I use it daily!

• 2 weeks later...

I usually have a spray bottle with water. As we upack...I just spray the clothes and hang them in the shower to air dry. Wrinkles will pull out from the weight of the water. (Works for most items....but not all). I used this technique when we lived aboard a motoryacht and clothes got wrinkled from being cramped in the closet.

Good Luck!

Archived