Let in Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

TylerRose

Don't wish to be a Scrooge but I cruise to get away from the FN snow even fake snow. :(

Then don't cruise around December. It's the atmosphere being created for this time of year. For many, including me, it's nostalgia of a snowy Christmas from our past. There is a certain feeling that lacks for us who live in the south when it's holiday time. It's kind of sad to see Christmas trees being sold next to flowering potted plants.

Do you have any FunTimes you could share? If not, do you remember when/how often the caroling and snow happened? Did they do the special Christmas show I have read about? Anything else especially fun for the holidays? Was the Grinch out and about?

Do you have any FunTimes you could share? If not, do you remember when/how often the caroling and snow happened? Did they do the special Christmas show I have read about? Anything else especially fun for the holidays? Was the Grinch out and about?

This was only a 3 night cruise... I am sure a longer cruise allows far more festivities & a larger ship even more decorations. But I thought they did a great job spreading the holiday cheer. They were still putting up a menorah as we disembarked...

On the sea day, they hosted the only holiday show at 4:15PM. Alas, I did not attend... too much rocking & rolling at the time for me :(

The Funtimes describes as:

"A magical show that's sure to make your heart grow three sizes, with singers, dancers, a special performance by the kids & a surprise guest flown in from the North Pole"

Let it Snow (I barely made it to) was held only once & is described in Funtimes as:

"Celebrate the magic of the season with our very own Christmas Carol-infused winter wonderland. Sing-a-long to holiday classics & let it snow. Be on time, the snow melts fast!"... It immediately followed the 8:15 "Studio VIP" show in the Fwd Atrium Lobby at 9PM. In fact, the cast made a mad dash from the Fantasia lounge to get there on time!

I did bring home all my "Funtimes"... but do not currently have a scanner.

As for the Grinch... I did see him sneak by earlier that day... and surely I can blame the rough seas on him!:D

This was only a 3 night cruise... I am sure a longer cruise allows far more festivities & a larger ship even more decorations. But I thought they did a great job spreading the holiday cheer. They were still putting up a menorah as we disembarked...

On the sea day, they hosted the only holiday show at 4:15PM. Alas, I did not attend... too much rocking & rolling at the time for me :(

The Funtimes describes as:

"A magical show that's sure to make your heart grow three sizes, with singers, dancers, a special performance by the kids & a surprise guest flown in from the North Pole"

Let it Snow (I barely made it to) was held only once & is described in Funtimes as:

"Celebrate the magic of the season with our very own Christmas Carol-infused winter wonderland. Sing-a-long to holiday classics & let it snow. Be on time, the snow melts fast!"... It immediately followed the 8:15 "Studio VIP" show in the Fwd Atrium Lobby at 9PM. In fact, the cast made a mad dash from the Fantasia lounge to get there on time!

I did bring home all my "Funtimes"... but do not currently have a scanner.

As for the Grinch... I did see him sneak by earlier that day... and surely I can blame the rough seas on him!:D

Thanks! I'm so excited to be on a cruise and while all cruises are magical, I hope this one is special. As my HS senior was just accepted to college this weekend:D:D:D: this is likely a new family tradition for us!

Can the OP or anyone else who has experienced this on board tell how they do it? Do you see crew members or machines of some kind in the ceiling throwing/dropping the stuff down? Of what material is the snow made? It looks surprisingly realistic on the video. (Oh, but I would not care to have to vacuum all that up later... :eek:)

Can the OP or anyone else who has experienced this on board tell how they do it? Do you see crew members or machines of some kind in the ceiling throwing/dropping the stuff down? Of what material is the snow made? It looks surprisingly realistic on the video. (Oh, but I would not care to have to vacuum all that up later... :eek:)

Soap bubbles

Thank you so much for posting!

It was something we loved on the Sensation when cruising in December we miss it so much though and are sad we will miss it again this time. The combination of the cruise and just the holiday theme through out it always put us in such a holiday cheer afterwards. We already said next time we are going to have to keep going in December instead.

Honestly, I was so absorbed in the whole experience I never looked beyond the snow for delivery...

It was a soap (I think)... so no mess left behind on ground or clothing...

It was very beautiful! :)

Honestly, I was so absorbed in the whole experience I never looked beyond the snow for delivery...

It was a soap (I think)... so no mess left behind on ground or clothing...

It was very beautiful! :)

Huh! Soap bubbles was one idea I would never have thought of! But it perhaps explains why on the video one man seemed to walk toward the camera wiping his eyes as if he'd gotten something in them that irritated them -- I assumed it was a bit of whatever solid material the "snow" was made of -- maybe some tiny bits of foam? -- but soap would be an explanation.

Sorry if I take the magic out of the moment by trying to analyze the snow and the delivery apparatus -- I just seem not to be able to be satisfied unless I know how something works :rolleyes:

It was very beautiful, and in the video, at least, very realistic-looking! (And if no clean-up required, woo-hoo!!)