My cruise is in 5 days and I got a call to upgrade

dogchopper

I booked my cruise back in july, just an inside cabin on the Glory. I was hoping to get a price drop so I could upgrade. That never happened cuz the cruise sold out.

So today my phone rang with the 305 area code!!! :D they offered to put us in a balcony for

114 a person! ! So, 228 bucks and we have a balcony on the spa level! !! Cabin 1114!

I jumped at it!!

I'm so excited now!! In 5 days my husband and I will be sailing in a super cool balcony!!!!

Congrats on the upsell. Great price! Enjoy your balcony. Only problem with a balcony is once you cruise with one you're spoiled.

Yeah I got an upsell offer on my last cruise so I'm already spoiled:p

That's a fantastic deal, spa or not!! Congrats and enjoy it!!

I really thought it was a good deal. I got a good deal on the cruise to begin with cuz I booked early saver and I checked it every day, it only went up. So, to upgrade on such a good price works for me !!!

Congrats! In 12 Carnival cruises I have never received an upgrade call either. We're sailing on the Glory next month & I'm in a similar situation. Booked an inside hoping to upgrade, cruise sold out. Can I ask if you answered when they called or did they leave a message? I'm afraid I'll miss the call and if they don't leave a message I'll never know! Have fun!

Edited by andynapril

Congrats! In 12 Carnival cruises I have never received an upgrade call either. We're sailing on the Glory next month & I'm in a similar situation. Booked an inside hoping to upgrade, cruise sold out. Can I ask if you answered when they called or did they leave a message? I'm afraid I'll miss the call and if they don't leave a message I'll never know! Have fun!

I answered it. Anytime I see a 305 area code I answer

Congrats on your upsell!

Perhaps more experienced cruisers than I can verify, but I don't think there are "spa amenities" for Glory Spa deck cabins. Spa Deck on Glory, as I understand it, is just the name of the deck because that's where the Spa is located (on Glory, it's Spa Carnival).

Carnival does have a Spa cabin type with those spa amenities, but only ships with Cloud 9 Spas have those amenities in the Spa cabins, and the "Spa" cabins on ships with Cloud 9 spas aren't all located on the Spa deck (confused yet?) The Cloud 9 Spa cabins are on Breeze, Dream, Magic, Splendor, Sunshine and the upcoming Vista. http://www.carnival.com/staterooms.aspx.

Congrats on your upsell!

Perhaps more experienced cruisers than I can verify, but I don't think there are "spa amenities" for Glory Spa deck cabins. Spa Deck on Glory, as I understand it, is just the name of the deck because that's where the Spa is located (on Glory, it's Spa Carnival).

Carnival does have a Spa cabin type with those spa amenities, but only ships with Cloud 9 Spas have those amenities in the Spa cabins, and the "Spa" cabins on ships with Cloud 9 spas aren't all located on the Spa deck (confused yet?) The Cloud 9 Spa cabins are on Breeze, Dream, Magic, Splendor, Sunshine and the upcoming Vista. http://www.carnival.com/staterooms.aspx.

Yeah, after I saw the post about it I called and asked. The guy told me it wasn't a 'spa' cabin so I did some research and that's what I learned. Cloud 9 spas are only on certain ships.

But hey, I'll be right by the spa and I watched a video that showed a hot tub in the gym that is real close to my cabin and they say it's rarely used. So.. it will be our little private spa area :D

I'm excited that my room is now a balcony and it's gonna be a great cruise! !

Yeah, after I saw the post about it I called and asked. The guy told me it wasn't a 'spa' cabin so I did some research and that's what I learned. Cloud 9 spas are only on certain ships.

But hey, I'll be right by the spa and I watched a video that showed a hot tub in the gym that is real close to my cabin and they say it's rarely used. So.. it will be our little private spa area :D

I'm excited that my room is now a balcony and it's gonna be a great cruise! !

Enjoy, and it will be a great cruise! Plus, I *think* you'll have sliding balcony doors on Spa deck rather than the open-and-slam kind. Take good care of the Glory for us - we'll be aboard in January :cool:

Enjoy, and it will be a great cruise! Plus, I *think* you'll have sliding balcony doors on Spa deck rather than the open-and-slam kind. Take good care of the Glory for us - we'll be aboard in January :cool:

I am very excited about that. I hate those open slam doors!!!! They drive me crazy!

There is no spa amenities. Glory does not have a Cloud 9 spa. It's basically a couple of steam rooms, a small fitness center, and a single massage room.

I'm happy without spa amenities. I've never used the spa before so it's no biggie for me.