Port Canaveral hotel-no car

Megan07

I am cruising Freedom of the Seas May 1st! Woohoo! It's my second cruise. I'm trying to determine which hotel to stay at. My boyfriend and I won't have a rental car and we'd like to be able to walk to a store to pick up some wine and last minute toiletries once we get in the area. What can you recommend?

I've stayed at the La Quinta there before arrived at night with no car and didn't see what was around.

Thanks in advance!

Megan

Theres a few options here. I believe you stayed at the La Quinta in Cocoa? Right across from there is Oceans Landings as well, either way they are both fine places to stay and just a block south is a Dollar General to pick up any last minute toiletries and I believe some wine :)

The Econolodge of Port Canaveral is very centralized, so if you also want some good dinner you have plenty of options there like Carabbas, Chilis, Red Lobster, and more. A BJ's wholesale club is there if you have a membership they've got great deals on good wine. Or just across the street is a publix.

I could go on and on but these are great places to stay. And its your preference ultimately, stay by the beach or something a little more centralized. There is also Orlando hotels, let me know if youd like to know more I could go all day! :D

Yes it was the La Quinta in Cocoa-the astronaut one.

I was looking at comfort inn and suites, country inn and suites and Radisson at the port. I just want to be able to go to a store. We will be in the Cocoa area around 2:00 pm and without a car. We want to be able to walk somewhere.

I do not want to stay in the Orlando area. I want to be in the port Canaveral/cocoa area.

Thanks

... I was looking at comfort inn and suites, country inn and suites and Radisson at the port. I just want to be able to go to a store. We will be in the Cocoa area around 2:00 pm and without a car. We want to be able to walk somewhere....

Those hotels are a pretty far walk from the central Cocoa Beach area. If I recall correctly, you might find a convenience store attached to a gas station around there, but nothing like Publix nearby.

I am cruising Freedom of the Seas May 1st! Woohoo! It's my second cruise. I'm trying to determine which hotel to stay at. My boyfriend and I won't have a rental car and we'd like to be able to walk to a store to pick up some wine and last minute toiletries once we get in the area. What can you recommend?

I've stayed at the La Quinta there before arrived at night with no car and didn't see what was around.

Thanks in advance!

Megan

My suggestion is to consider the hotels between Publix and Cocoa Beach Pier. Easy access to the Port with great restaurants, groceries, liquor store and beach shops!

Publix-Hotels.jpg

Holiday Inn Express next to Publix.

Best Western Cocoa Beach is across the road.

Days Inn and La Quinta Oceanfront are just a block or two away.