Bus Travel and Luggage Restrictions

R'man

DW and I plan to take a bus from Valparaiso, Chile, to Mendoza, Argentina, and then back to Santiago. I understand there is a one suitcase/15 kg limit on these busses, which presents a problem coming off a four week cruise with two suitcases each, both likely in excess of 15 kg. The bus line websites are not all that informative, even after using Google Translate and my elementary Spanish language skills. Can anyone shed some practical, definitive light on this? Is there a fee payable for the larger or additional luggage? Thank for the help.

All I can suggest is:

1. Ask your question on Trip Advisor. http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g294291-i1357-Chile.html

2. Pack light. It can be done. There are numerous posts about about packing light even with a cruise with formal nights, so surely one suitcase each plus carry-on should be doable.

http://www.andesmar.com/contacto

You have the option to email or live chat (ask if someone on the chat writes /understands English) from this page.

15kg is not a lot, maybe a weekend's worth. :-) iirc we get 32kg flying to Brazil and use every last gram of it on our stays.

Edited by VidaNaPraia