Air Tran Cancelled Flight

PRINCESS MAR

Just an FYI, Air Tran cancelled my January 27 flight to FLL, and rescheduled me to a later flight. I was originally scheduled to arrive at 1:06 p.m., and rescheduled to arrive at 4:35 p.m.

I made a call to Air Tran, and they did move me to a flight to arrive at 11:30 a.m.

I never received and email from Air Tran about this change. We are not sailing until January 28, so this change would not have affected our cruise (another good reason to arrive a day prior to sailing).

If you have reservations with Air Tran, you may want to confirm with the airlines.

Happy sailing

Mary Jo

It's not just Air Tran, several airlines are adjusting their schedules.

Everyone needs to keep up on any changes, and of course ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS fly in at least a day before your cruise!

Trent is right it's all the airlines. Spirit Air has completely cancelled one of our flights, and then changed the times of our flights twice! They have notified us by e-mail of each of these changes though. It's a good thing that we're flying in the day before the cruise and staying a day at the end of the cruise. Hopefully no more changes before our flight on Oct 24th!

This has happened to me a few times and never once did the airline call (why then do you they ask for all that contact info when you purchase a ticket?). Anyways, I've always managed to wrangle about 5,000 frequent flier miles out from them per passenger for the inconvenience. If they balk, I always ask why they didn't call me earlier and why did they just assumed that I would want to take the red-eye flight when I had originally scheduled a mid-morning flight. After a while they tend to realize that they did wrong and will give you the miles (which costs them nothing) to get you off the phone.

Archived