NCL Escape Waterfront Dining, Supper Club Questions

Hawaii_Flyer

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me which restaurants offer waterfront (Alfresco) dining?

If anyone has sat outside how was it with the ship underway, was it too windy for comfort or was it protected. How hard was it to get a table outside? Could you request in advance?

We have reservations for the supper club for 2, looking at the pictures it seems that the only tables for 2 are either in the middle very close to the stage or all the way against the back wall. Does anyone have any recommendations on where the best seats are? To me it looks like the booths are the best table but they are all set for 4 so we might have to make friends :) (Or would a tip to the host work for getting a bigger table for only 2 people ?)

I also read that we should make comedy show reservations as soon as we get onboard. Where can you do that? I remember on our previous RCL cruises there always being a huge line at guest services on embarkation day.

Any recommendations? Should we go directly to the comedy venue? Or can one of the specialty restaurant hosts help us make reservations for everything if we can find one.

Thanks for all of your help

The restaurants with outside seating are Cagneys, Moderno, La Cucina and I believe Bayardo does as well.

You can't specify an outside seat when you book, and it seems to be a bit luck of the draw, whether any tables are available outside. The only ship I've been on when the outside areas were open was the Getaway, and we didn't ask to sit outside and it wasn't offered. I would certainly ask if you want to go out there.

Regarding reservations for the comedy show, you actually do that at the box office, I believe. However, there are other options, like using your tv in your room or the iconcierge app, which I think is worth downloading if you can before you set off.

I'm not sure whether you can also book entertainment using the touch screens near the stairs. You can certainly book restaurants using them, so that may be another option.

Don't go to the comedy venue, there will be nobody there to take your reservation.

Thanks so much for the replies.

I really thought the outdoor restaurant seating would be in high demand. Ocean front tables are usually the prime seating in a restaurant.

Thanks also for the tips at getting comedy show reservations,

I can already imagine the lines to get onboard. I definitely didn't want to start my cruise off by then having to stand in line to make show reservations.

I really thought the outdoor restaurant seating would be in high demand. Ocean front tables are usually the prime seating in a restaurant.Thanks also for the tips at getting comedy show reservations, I can already imagine the lines to get onboard. I definitely didn't want to start my cruise off by then having to stand in line to make show reservations.

The best way to make show and shoreex reservations (if you do not/can not do it in advance) is using the touch screens located in all of the public areas. look up your dining, show, shoreex on the very easy to navigate screens, scan your room key, and enter your cabin number. You are all set. Never understood why people stand in line at the box office with a perfectly good touch screen right next to the line.

There are multiple shows in the Supper Club. And, yes, the host will always fill every seat on a table (so if you are seated on a 4-top, expect another couple as company - or 2 singles).

If you are going to For The Record, we found that the better seats are on the first level up about 4-5 rows of table back. While the show plans a lot on stage center, the actors sing and dance throughout the theater. There are mini-stages (left and right) in the middle of the theater. And they play entire scenes on those stages. We had a table right in the center, first level up and minimize the bending and twisting those at the front of the stage had to do to see the action in the middle/back of the theater. We saw a second cabaret dinner show on another night, and that was best seen close to the stage.

Outside seating will be entirely up to the weather on the night you are dining. Unless you are in a storm, wind is not usually a problem. However, we have dined on the Waterfront during the summer on the Breakaway and Getaway, and it was actually too hot for us. On the night of your dinner, the host will give you the option of sitting inside or out. You can gauge the comfort level at the time of dining.

0e45ccd95990ff1c8fc1bc3b65b57170.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

• 2 weeks later...

We sat outside at La Cucina on the Getaway. At our request, the hostess brought us outside to determine if we wanted to dine al fresco. The weather was perfect and we had a wonderful meal. For whatever reason, the outside seating was only 1/2 full that evening.

Robert

Greatly appreciate the time you all took to post this info. I have been trying to do reservations for the shows via NCL on-line once I sign-in to my booking. However, I can not find the place to do so, if it is available. When I click on Entertainment I only get 3 options for 3 different things and those are not the nightly entertainment.

Am I trying to do something that is not available? On-Line reservations.

I have the UDP 4 nights. Do I have to make reservations on-line?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks so much for the replies.

I really thought the outdoor restaurant seating would be in high demand. Ocean front tables are usually the prime seating in a restaurant.

Thanks also for the tips at getting comedy show reservations,

I can already imagine the lines to get onboard. I definitely didn't want to start my cruise off by then having to stand in line to make show reservations.

If you download the iConcierge app to your phone, you can make all reservations directly from your phone once you are onboard.

It's odd then if you can't see entertainment.

I'm not sure from your post, can you actually see the dining available to book?

You are on the Escape aren't you?

Yes, I can see the dining available to book and yes, on the Escape. I sign in to NCL> My account> Manage my Reservation> Available To Book Today> Entertainment> and only 3 selections are displayed.

1. For The Record: The Brat Pack, Live at the Supper Club (floor)

2. After Midnight

3. Million Dollar Quartet

With the selection of:

Available to Book Today Select one of the options below

87 Shore Excursions

7 Beverage Packages

9 Dining

3 Entertainment

1 Spa & Thermal Suite

0 Internet Packages

3 Photo Packages

7 Onboard Credits

63 Gifts & More

So, apparently I cannot book the production shows or other things happening at night? On RCI I can book those type of Entertainment.

We have the UDP 4 night package. Do I have to make reservations for that before I get on the ship? From what I read on here, I do not have to make reservations for dining before I board.

Edited by Oxo

After Midnight and Million Dollar Quartet are the main shows in the theatre.

The entertainment you can see is what I would expect.

OK, that explains it. So, from what you said and what I see there are only these 3 shows during the 7 day cruise. The Brat Pack is NOT free. The other 2 are free.

For The Record: The Brat Pack, Live at the Supper Club (floor) Price $17.70 Price includes an 18% gratuity and specialty service charge

OK, I was expecting something different in the way of Production shows as they have on the other cruise lines. Singers, dancers, etc. So, I did just sign up.

Thank you!

OK, that explains it. So, from what you said and what I see there are only these 3 shows during the 7 day cruise. The Brat Pack is NOT free. The other 2 are free.

For The Record: The Brat Pack, Live at the Supper Club (floor) Price $17.70 Price includes an 18% gratuity and specialty service charge

OK, I was expecting something different in the way of Production shows as they have on the other cruise lines. Singers, dancers, etc. So, I did just sign up.

Thank you!

The entertainment is done differently to traditional cruises.

The two free shows are shown a few times during the week, and you can book then both just once. The Supper Club is in a different location.

There are likely to be a few other shows on in the theatre during the week, which will probably not require reservations.

Other entertainment happens elsewhere. The comedy venue has duelling pianos on some nights and a comedy show on others. These also don't require reservations (occasionally the comedy shows do, but they are usually only available onboard). There is a band in 5 o'clock somewhere.

Basically, you won't be in the theatre every night, but can still see entertainment every day.

The entertainment is done differently to traditional cruises.

The two free shows are shown a few times during the week, and you can book then both just once. The Supper Club is in a different location.

There are likely to be a few other shows on in the theatre during the week, which will probably not require reservations.

Other entertainment happens elsewhere. The comedy venue has duelling pianos on some nights and a comedy show on others. These also don't require reservations (occasionally the comedy shows do, but they are usually only available onboard). There is a band in 5 o'clock somewhere.

Basically, you won't be in the theatre every night, but can still see entertainment every day.

Thank you for your help and everyone else. I do appreciate it. It has been years since we went on NCL.

If I may, the next time we see you on the ship - 'It will be my shout mate!'

I recommend booking 'Everything' you CAN prior to boarding; i.e. AM & M$4 shows in Theater and any specialty Restaurants you want to visit. on our recent sailing they added a Brenda Braxton Dinner show in the Supper club on Wednesday 8:30pm. The show was very good - the food ok. As soon as you board go to the 1st touch screen and add the Comedy shows you want to visit. The 11pm (over 18) shows sell out very fast.