Where to watch Statue of Liberty on Breakaway?

JoshPSU

What bar is the best place to watch the Statue of Liberty when leaving NYC? Trying to plan our meet & greet for 12/27.

We normally stay up on Deck 16. Port side initially to see the sights of Manhattan and the Freedom tower, then quickly move starboard to see the statue. It is crowded, but you can usually move around and get some great views and pictures.

What kind of view would I have from my Aft balcony?

Really good, with the ship's wake in the background. We've sailed by the Statue of Liberty while on our aft balcony on Breakaway and while on the top public deck of the Gem, both are amazing but I preferred the quiet and unobstructed view from our own balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually every time I leave NYC the meet and greet is during this time! This is the first time that I've planned it. Usually we get good attendance.

There are other activities planned so anyone who wanted to skip could come to the next one.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

We got some brilliant seats outside Fat Cats on the Waterfront and had a brilliant view, it wasn't too crowded either. Then we walked up to the top bit we called the birds nest sun deck (steps up from FWD 16) and watched the bridge and got some fleeting views of coney island from FWD 16 starboard.

Have fun!

We loved watching it from the Waterfront, Aft. You get to see the Freedom tower on the port side and then quickly walk Starboard to catch Lady Liberty. Have everyone BYOB first!

Can you sit in the Waterfront area of Cagney's if you don't have Cagney's reservations?

I've never sailed on a ship with a Waterfront before! :)

We got some brilliant seats outside Fat Cats on the Waterfront and had a brilliant view, it wasn't too crowded either. Then we walked up to the top bit we called the birds nest sun deck (steps up from FWD 16) and watched the bridge and got some fleeting views of coney island from FWD 16 starboard.

Have fun!

Sorry, just realised I put starboard when I meant Port, and forgot to put starboard when I actually meant too :rolleyes: I was just about to climb the hill when I realised and then when i came back i realised i couldn't edit it, tired brain I'm afraid! :D