Prices For Spring Break Week. 😱😱

GTO-Girl

Just book a four day cruise for the week of April 4th for me, my husband and 8 yr old granddaughter and I am still reeling at the price!! I know we are going to have a wonderful time but WOW it was expensive.

But......I cannot wait to tell her because she has been begging for a Disney cruise for so long and she is going to flip out...LOL

I don't know who will be more excited my granddaughter or my husband! 👍

There is no such thing as "Spring break week" because various schools take different weeks for their breaks. The spring break "season" is about 6 weeks long! Many schools specifically avoid taking a break over Easter week or Holy week as they don't wish to be seen as preferring one religion over another.

That said, Easter week is always more costly than other weeks....but the whole spring break season is expensive.

Hope you have fun. DCL will keep charging these prices as long as there are people willing to pay them.

I hear you, loud and clear.

My family has loved sailing on Disney, and have been ok paying the premium for the Disney touches and kids clubs (I'm known as "safety dad" and figured that if any company wasn't going to let something happen to my kid while in their care, it was Disney), but we've gotten to a point where my daughter is much more interested in spending her days laying on deck with her ipod and a book, than in going to the clubs. So....

Back in February when I started looking at a spring break cruise for 2016, and saw that I could get a "mini-suite with a large balcony" room (plus the unlimited 'beverage' package) on the Norweigan Escape for almost half the price of an oceanview room on DCL (which turns out to be significantly less than half, given that I could book NCL in Canadian dollars at a very favorable rate), I decided to give Disney a pass.

That being said, we love Disney and have loved our previous sailings on DCL, and I'm sure that your granddaughter will have an absolutely fantastic time. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about DCL (other than the cost).

Have a great trip!

We took our oldest granddaughter on her first Disney cruise when the little one was only a baby. Then we took both girls when the youngest turned 3......so the oldest one has been twice and the youngest only once.

In April the now 14yr old and her parents are taking a school trip to Italy, so we decided to take this opportunity to give Kate her second Disney cruise all alone with us, like we did for her sister.

Love, love, love the Disney product but unable to afford it as much as we would

like since the girls are in school which makes our trips only during "peak times".

But we are so excited to be making memories with this sweet little girl!