Mini-suite...Star Princess

DSLADE

We recently booked a cruise on the Star Princess, Cat AA mini-suite. I now understand that we may have made a mistake. The balcony on these suites are supposedly wide open to the balcony above. Is this a problem? If you have any info on this please respond. I hope my wife doesn't find out that I may have "screwed up" again.

We were in a mini-suite (D219) on the Star on 3/03 in the Mexican Rivera and had a blast!

Not that savvy as to which rooms were better than others but ours and our friends (D220) were both fantastic.

Can't wait to sail the Star again!!!

"a bad day at sea is better than a great day at work and a lousy day at sea is still pretty damn good!"

This is one of those personal preference items. If your wife loves to lie out in the sun you have hit a home run. I'm not sure your balcony is open to the sky but many people love those cabins while others are not happy unless they have a covered balcony. Also minisuites have tubs not showers and more room. If you do have an uncovered balcony you can go out at night and star gaze - so romantic!

If you are wanting a totally covered balcony, category AE is what you need to look at. The mini suites are pretty much identical, just located on/in different decks and sections of the ship. These balconys are totally covered and private from onlookers above.

Some of the other categories have partially covered balconys, half open, half covered. Which still affords onlookers from above it you go to the uncovered section.

smilie_hund1.gif

Tahitian October 14th,2004

We had a mini-suite on Dolphin deck on our cruise to Mexico last Feb. pm the Star and LOVED it. The exposed balcony was not an issue even if those above could see us, we didn't care! We were able to sun there for half the day instead of going to the pool area and it was great! Highly recommend it, in fact have booked the same for Alaska in August on the Sapphire, but doubt we will be want to sit out in a bathing suit up there! Hopefully it will be warm enough to have a few meals out there - we love breakfast on the balcony as we arrive in port!!

Enjoy!

Judy

I was on the Star to Mexico last in Feb. 03. We had a mini-suite, AA category. The balcony was perfect. I don't really remember how much of it was covered. But, we sat out there every day and had our coffee in the am and cocktails in the pm. We had a fantastic time. So, don't worry, you will love everything about it. We are now booked on the Diamond for Alaska next month. We got an unexpected surprise of an upgrade from mini-suite to Premium Suite. Can't wait to see it. Have a wonderful time on your cruise--and don't worry about your wife liking your choice--you made the right decision.

Lynda

Archived