Booking Carnival using Verizon Points?

mitsugirly

I helped my aunt book her hotel stay (and ours) for our wedding this year. Price was very good, but when she wanted to upgrade the roo s she had some stress with who she had to talk with (verizon travel or the hotel.) Did take her a few tries. I would assume you would have to deal directly with the "agency" for most things, but at the same time you should be able to link the booking with carnivals site. Granted it wasn't a cruise, but thought it might be helpful.

There was a thread on here a good while back when people started discovering these Verizon points and uses for them with Carnival cruises, and the person booked a cruise itself through Verizon without issue. BUT they never saw any price drops as the discount remained lower than any drop in price by booking directly.

I did a mock booking on Verizon last week for the Vista. It defaults to early saver pricing and was about $320 lower per cabin using about 20,000 points for the 4 of us, which was no big deal since I rarely drop below 85,000. Besides, I doubt these days that one could book ES on the Vista and get over $300 in price drops. Seems like a good deal to me.

I seem to have this problem when booking anything. :p Not often do I see a price drop (within the time frame allowed to take advantage of it) and especially during Spring Break. I have always watched the prices rise instead. Since I will be booking for March, I will end up owing the full balance (well, within a few weeks from booking, either way), so it's probably not going to matter. :(

Sadly there is going to be 5 ships in Cozumel that day, but I am used to going to Paradise Beach and that place is always packed. I wouldn't think it could be any worse than that....;) Fingers crossed.

Aww thanks. I hope you have a wonderful time at both LFK and Playa Mia. Hopefully there won't be a lot of ships in port the day you are there and you'll get to enjoy Playa Mia without a lot of people like we did. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked two cabins for a July cruise. I booked using Verizon Smart Rewards Points and saved $360 total on the two cabins.

The website stinks and it took about a half hour to complete the booking. But saving $360 was worth the extra time for me.

I had to put $500 down for each cabin but will pay the balance with Gift Cards purchased through Verizon and AARP. That will come out to another $350 in savings at least. I will most likely get an extra $500 gift card for gratuities and on board spending and save another $50. Not to mention that all of this was/will be paid for with a credit card earning double points.

$750 savings, not bad:D Now what, excursions? FTTF? Put toward another cruise:rolleyes:

I called a rep before I booked and asked a few question about using the gift cards and booking two rooms.

1. You must book online, no phone booking.

2. You must book the two rooms separately.

3. After booking you can call them and they will cross list the bookings so that the cabins are on the same account. You can also do this through Carnival.

4. You cannot book connecting cabins online.

5. When the balance is due just call them with the gift card info and they will apply it to the account.

I just booked two cabins for a July cruise. I booked using Verizon Smart Rewards Points and saved $360 total on the two cabins.

The website stinks and it took about a half hour to complete the booking. But saving $360 was worth the extra time for me.

I had to put $500 down for each cabin but will pay the balance with Gift Cards purchased through Verizon and AARP. That will come out to another $350 in savings at least. I will most likely get an extra $500 gift card for gratuities and on board spending and save another $50. Not to mention that all of this was/will be paid for with a credit card earning double points.

$750 savings, not bad:D Now what, excursions? FTTF? Put toward another cruise:rolleyes:

I called a rep before I booked and asked a few question about using the gift cards and booking two rooms.

1. You must book online, no phone booking.

2. You must book the two rooms separately.

3. After booking you can call them and they will cross list the bookings so that the cabins are on the same account. You can also do this through Carnival.

4. You cannot book connecting cabins online.

5. When the balance is due just call them with the gift card info and they will apply it to the account.

This is good information to know. Thanks for posting. I wondered about using gift cards for bookings directly with Verizon rewards. I will for sure look into this. Thanks again!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk