How formal is formal night in the Yacht Club

greg33418

We got off the MSC Preziosa recently. Formal night (they call it gala night) in the Yacht Club and we were very casually dressed. I was never in anything more than a shirt, pants and my brown shoes. Some diners were fairly well dressed but I don't recall anybody being over the top. Typically a jacket would do, though there were a good number without jackets.

This video gives you an idea of the food we had to eat in the YC.

[YOUTUBE]C57YEEtjEaU[/YOUTUBE]

On our recent Divina cruise in YC we noticed those coming to Le Muse for dinner leaned towards smart casual every night. On formal night most dressed up more but I only saw one tux and formal dress. Le Muse was very warm so less is more!

Having cruised in the YC on Divina 4 times, I do find that folks tend to dress up more in Le Muse, especially on formal night. I would say at least 80% of the men were in suits or tuxes and even more so for the women. Of course all the sailings we have done have been over major holidays so that may be the reason. Even the wee ones were decked out in formal attire!

Edited by kathiean

Thanks for the video Iluvcruising2. I recognized the wines and most of the dishes. Looking forward to another YC cruise in two weeks on the Preziosa. I usually bring a dark suit.

We are having Yacht Club withdrawal syndrome. I have plenty more videos to make and as I edit them, my withdrawals will get worse....

Have a great cruise!